The trail is just 4km out of Boquete town and is a 3-4 hour out and back trail with more than 2000 feet of elevation. He was the only person we saw all day on the trail. Nice hike. There is a small junction where you will need to make a decision whether to go left or right. Length 4.9 mi Elevation gain 1,998 ft Route type Out & Back Hiking Forest Views Wildlife I don’t know what world you live in where people walking trails up and down mountains stop off and have a chat with everyone they meet…. Some trails or park services may be closed this weekend so check with local authorities before heading out. You also captured the mood and atmosphere brilliantly, especially with your post processing of the photos. Your photos are breathtaking and gives me a better visual of what the two girls saw. The conclusion from local police was that it was a hiking accident. What was the air like when you got to the top? The girls’ backpack was found 8 weeks later, bones including a foot still inside a boot were also found weeks later. Não devemos confiar em ninguém e ao mesmo tempo não demonstrar isso, ser sábios. There is a sign out the front of a small housing complex that states the regulations and such of El Pianista Trail. Their bras were found, their underwear was never found, and they’re dead. 6. Take me to the cloud forests because I love them. After about 15 minutes you will have made your way to the entrance of the forest. Ladies, I know this sounds antiquated and sexist, but take it from someone who has lived in a place like this in C. America. Lade den GPS-Track herunter und folge der Route auf einer Karte. It is easy to get lost at some sections, so make sure to have your all trails map downloaded. Une randonnée dans la jungle qu'on se souviendra toute notre vie ! Hier kann hervorragend gewandert werden. It must have been carved out because there is a definitive trail through the earth. https://www.tripteste.com/2019/09/rando-dans-la-jungle-a-boquete-au-panama.html. Sorry, I’m not here to be part of the murder-drama. He is in a hury because he do not want to be photographed. I generally listen to advice and then make my own decisions. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. It doesn’t take that much to take down two girls. Don’t come off as a tourist. 4. Seriously, do you really believe that someone willing to kill another human being is going to be concerned about a photograph from a camera that they can steal and destroy? These countries are great in their own right, but societally speaking, it’s night and day on gender issues. We walked through the tunnel of vines and trees, keeping an eye out for Quetzals, snakes, howler monkeys, wildflowers and strange bugs and critters. Needless to say, we carried on up the driveway to the right of the sign to kick off the hike. Are you insane? I don’t think I will venture out to Panama, though my travels have taken me in other remote and often dangerous places, but something about this place seems a little “simple” yet strange, maybe that’s the intrigue. Wear long shorts if you must, or workout shorts. Okay, I have to admit that I feel better. Politicians who do speak out against them do so at great cost, which includes sending their whole family away and living in constant fear. Já existiram turistas no Brasil, que foram mortos, por nada, ou melhor foram assaltados, ou entraram em discussão. It’s not easy to capture fog like that- and you can really feel the scope and depth of the forest around you. You speak as if you know more about this case than most- why’s that? The trail is just 4km out of Boquete town and is a 3-4 hour out and back trail with more than 2000 feet of elevation. Some steep sections, would recommend only going during dry season. I’ve got some questions about this trail, esspecially about the local you met and about the first part, from the Pianista restaurant to the forrest. It’s quite remarkable and at times it was above head height, which is a strange feeling hiking beneath the surface of the earth. We were inside it. Enough with the photoshoots, it was on with the hike and as we ascended higher and higher the mood and the atmosphere began to change. We ended up on a different narrow path. He was definitely eyeing you like a predator would and he seemed way too comfortable. Olá pessoal, sou do Brasil, Brasília-DF. 5. The trail gets knee-deep in mud very quickly and can be a treacherous area. By the way … the accident happened downhill past the summit of the pianista. Almost immediately after entering the forest, we were engulfed by the lush greenery on all sides. Beautiful up in the cloud forest. I would be willing to bet anything that they escaped temporarily, took pictures to try to leave for evidence figuring they’d probably be caught, were recaptured, raped and killed. Fortunately you had someone guide you, unlike the two Dutch ladies who didn’t, otherwise we would be seeing them today with their own website journal. I’d love to try it out some time on my own travels. Taking his picture might’ve been your saving grace though, since he knew that there was physical evidence. The public bus cost us 70 cents per person and the taxi cost us $4. I’ve also researched it a lot, and it is even more plausible tat they died in an accident…. If only all the murder victims worldwide had thought to take photos of their eventual murderers, they could of saved their lives…. Wir sind den abgelegenen Trail als Paar ohne Guide gelaufen und empfehlen ihn nicht weiter! Definitely try and do this hike on a dryer day or after a few days of smaller rains if possible. No entanto, fica a dica, sempre vá com um membro adulto da família, pai, tio, de preferência homem, desculpem, porém sou mulher e sei quando ficamos com menos roupa, é claro que na praia deveremos usar biquínis ou maiôs, são moças novas, eu já sou uma mulher mais madura e não conseguiria usar algo menor, porém não sou puritana, mas, devemos sempre nos resguardar. Once you reach these mini-canyons you are within reach of the summit. I’m sure there are plenty around the world but I will really be seeking them out from this point onwards. Thank you also for not feeding more speculations regarding those poor girls. I’, sorry, but you’re making an assumption. Here is someone who has though, and in depth if you take the time to read all the work he has done, including referencing Jackson’s blog and photos. However, some locals and sources think there was a third person involved and the girls were met with foul-play out in the jungle. Group safety doesn’t even work a lot of times. Josh is on the right trail going in the correct direction, heading down towards the stream. Simply by doing this hike (done by many every day now) I have random dudes messaging me on facebook for details and photos. It is unbelievable the naivety of certain tourists who act as if they are in their own country, dressing in the most inappropriate way possible; in the city nothing will happen to them, but just get a little bit away from the civilization that the picture completely changes. Take the case of the two teenagers murdered on the Monon High Bridge Trail in Indiana in 2017; they were very close to home, but on a deserted trail in the woods. - Der Trail führt unten zwischen Weiden entlang. I have a new favorite type of trail. This is my Journey Era. Rain droplets falling to the ground from every leaf and branch while mist floats through dramatically. I don’t think you did from your post. https://imperfectplan.com/2020/09/01/nobody-walks-off-trail-in-the-jungle-wearing-shorts/. 3. Very enjoyable read with awesome photographs and fabulous Greenery,many thanks.. The fog and the wet conditions added an element of mystery to the surroundings. I never made any comments about what I think happened. Below is the photo, you can see both directions of the trail. Have a male with you whenever possible. Interested to hear what you know. Governments usually don’t talk about them because of retaliation. We’re trying to tell you to be safe because we care about you, even if we don’t know you. Otherwise known as inside the cloud and cannot see a damn thing. The only reason, he was watching you as a predator. Thanks for sharing your experience. An alternative is to catch a local taxi. The pictures below will help you identify the driveway where the trail begins. To get to the IL Pianista restaurant you can either catch the ‘Colectivo’, which will come through the main street. There are huge holes in the story of what happened and how the investigation unfolded. Don’t stop to talk if they stop you to ask a question. No entanto, realmente concordo com o Seth. You can already see the clouds hugging the summit of the mountain. What lens did you use for that? Sobald es nass ist besteht der Weg nur noch aus Schlamm. Half is in an open valley and half is in the rain forest. It should about 4.2kms to the top according to our tracking as it was an 8.4km return trip. 1. If I’d walked this trail, or any similar trail, with the conditions as you described, I would have been disappointed by the lack of a good view at the peak, as I often am…all that effort for nothing LOL. In this case I took one look at the mud and having heard from other hikers and blogs not to go past the summit for a variety of reasons we headed back on down the same way we came out. This trail harbors some dark secrets. That fork in the trail is interesting and almost as eerie as you described in. El Pianista Trail ist ein 4.9 Meilen langer, wenig besuchter Hin- und Rückweg in der Nähe von Boquete District, Chiriquí, Panama. They have never even been to Panama or know the girls. Depending on the weather you can have a good view or just be in clouds the entire hike. There was no sign of the girls until a few weeks later. This place seems so magical. I don’t think it’s fair that women are in more danger in these situations, but it’s the truth. No one is trying to ruin your trip or saying stop traveling. Enfim, andar em grupo também super funciona, como moças andam por lugares que não conhecem, nunca foram no Panamá, também a senhora que elas(as moças) estavam hospedadas deveria no mesmo dia falar com a polícia, mesmo as moças não sendo nada dela, eu se alguém fica na minha casa e deveria voltar por volta das 16:00 horas e o cachorro voltou sozinha e as moças não voltaram, falaria com a polícia imediatamente, é isso, lamento tudo, porém fica a dica do Seth. I was especially struck by your comments about rainforest…like most folks when I travel to a peak I am looking forward to the view from the top…however, you’ve opened my eyes a little. Women should not be unaccompanied by male companions in remote places anywhere in the world. And you have to remember Occam’s Razor. These trails are the way folks in these kind of regions travel, there are no roads, no expressways, just trails and their feet. Be as confident as you can so that you seem to be a local resident. 2 girls murdeded in that foreset and you go in it? The trail leads you into a cloud forest, which essentially means at least half of the trail is inside the clouds. I had a girlfriend years ago who often said of me that I just rushed to the destination and missed a lot of things…it kind of just clicked…. Aufgrund der Steigung und Distanz ist die Strecke als moderat einzustufen. As moças são vítimas, sinto muitíssimo por tudo, principalmente pela a família delas. As moças sozinhas em um País desconhecido, tirando fotos com todos, como se todos fossem bonzinhos, isso não funciona, temos que ser simpáticos, agradáveis, porém, desconfiados. In 2014, two Dutch girls in their early 20’s made it to the summit and then went missing. We had a drink break and Pema decided to take things a little to far with an outfit change (not my idea). The funny part about this trail is that you enjoy all of the trees, vines, flowers, canyons, critters, and scenes on the trail and the viewpoint is just expected to be a blanket of white cloud. Sorry you didn’t get the clear views like those two Dutch girls and other tourists did when they reached it. Jackson admiro suas viagens, sua luta por defender a honra das meninas, é válido, não estou te condenando, porém, nós não somos detentores de toda a sabedoria, sou latino-americana também, Panamá fica na América Central, porém, temos quase o mesmo caminhar, claro que Brasil é muito diferente do Panamá, porém, conheço um pouco do perigo de alguns povos, inclusive o meu Povo. Unlike the hikes in the Bajo Mono area, El Pianista trailhead is much closer to town and very easy to find. However, even if there was no crime, the situation is the same: extremely dangerous for two foreigners or any women to enter a forest like this, inhabited sporadically but far from any help. It’s possible the girls Kris and Lisanne where his prey in 2014, exactly on that spot! I could mention many other similar cases, but I have gone on too long. Don’t dress in a way that is provocative, that allows your bra or underwear to be seen or that includes shorts, ideally. I hope you enjoy this trail as it truly is amazing. Here you will begin the ascent of more than 2000 feet over the next three kilometers. I hope my travels give you the motivation to set off on an epic adventure of your own. Realmente você deve se precaver. I wish folks could let them Rest In Peace and stop with all the violent rhetoric… Let there be light. The girls had hiked down past the summit into the continental divide. At that same moment a local came along exactly as you described in your story and disappeared as quickly downhill as he appeared. Er führt durch schönen Wald, vorbei an herrlichen Aussichtspunkten und es gibt oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen. After we backtracked we found the right path. If your gut instinct ever says something is wrong, listen and act on it. We were now in the thick of the clouds and near the summit of the trail. Congratulations, the only sensible comment about the two girls who disappeared. Why is the local at that crosspoint junction in a hury, the same experience by the other hikers! It is said to be very lucky to get a clear view of Boquete from the top of the El Pianista trail, although when you do it is supposedly one of the best views in the region. If it helps someone else you have to cross two small bridges very early on. The trail to the left goes uphill and the train to the right goes downhill towards the stream, which you can hear. They are obsessed with this case and the girls and it’s honestly weird. I think anonymous is right, I’ve researched a lot and it’s very plausibke Kris and Lisanne were intercepted at that time and junction and forced to descend the other side. Olha em todo o lugar há pessoas boas e más, isso é fato. El Pianista Trail fast became my favorite jungle adventure in Boquete with its narrow canyon-esque path. That picture was really eery! There is now a memorial for the girls at the top of the summit. You know what you are heading into. The Ngobe tribe were the people to discover the backpack and would have been the first contact for the girls had they come into trouble and looking for a way out according to the reports. Download its GPS track and follow the itinerary on a map. I just did the hike, there was nothing suspicious that occurred. This was the final result from this epic little location. The fog was really rolling in now after we were two-thirds of the way up the trail. The simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation. I’m Jackson, an Australian adventure traveler who has been on the road for eight years now. El Pianista Trail is one of the moodiest cloud forests I have ever adventured into. A cross with flowers is nice, but doesn’t answer the question of why or how they are dead. Normally on a hike, you hustle through the trail for the reward, which is the viewpoint. Looked like he inside of a giant sock for sure. Today, August 17, 2018 we did the hike to the summit. Há culturas, maneiras de agir, manias dos povos de cada lugar. Considering you weren’t there you are making a lot of claims. It could be a predator we dont know of and not from this world. Your story was very helpful to find our way. . Er führt durch schönen Wald, vorbei an herrlichen Aussichtspunkten und es gibt oftmals Wildtiere zu sehen. Once we reached the stream it was such a magical little spot. We did not have a guide and got a bit lost at one point but only for 5mins. The trail is considered safe now but it is suggested to stop at the summit. Could the writer of this journey please contact met at marjawestboeken{at}gmail.com? There are signs that say no hiking, but no one will stop you. There is one water crossing near the start of the trail. How exactly is anyone making fun of the deaths of the two dutch girls? If you only saw one person on the trail, then that’s because there is something dangerous about the trail that others know, and safely avoid. I like the photographs of the vegetation, especially the unique flowers. El Pianista Trail fast became my favorite jungle adventure in Boquete with its narrow canyon-esque path. It is not a sexist attitude, but one of indispensable prevention if you want to return home alive.