[49] Cameron played Bekah Cotter in the comedy. Although her given name was Chloe, her father called her Dove & Dovey from the time she was very little. Welcome to Marvel's #AgentsofSHIELD, @DoveCameron! 21 before peaking at No. |  This role was later revealed to be Ruby, the daughter of General Hale (Catherine Dent). [47] This became Cameron's third Hot 100 entry, following "Rotten to the Core" and "If Only". On October 15, 2013, "Better In Stereo" was released as a single under Walt Disney Records. [6] At the age of eight, she began acting in community theater at Bainbridge Performing Arts. Publicity Listings She was … Though her character did not appear in the next Marvel Rising installment, Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, Cameron did perform the film's theme song, "Born Ready". The show took place from July 28, 2017 to July 30, 2017. [6] When she was a child, she attended Sakai Intermediate School. The preview of the series debuted on July 19, 2013, and the show premiered on September 15, 2013. ", "Dove Cameron Net Worth: Facts About the Disney Channel Princess", "The future is uncertain for Disney star Dove Cameron — and she's just fine with that", "To my loves like: 'thought u were born in Seattle not France!1' I was! Her father died in 2011 when she was 15 years old. On December 22, 2015, Liv and Maddie was renewed for a fourth season, becoming the ninth live-action Disney Channel series in history to achieve this. (2018). [18], On August 27, 2013, Cameron released a cover of "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons as a promotional single. 4, Episode: "Invitadas especiales, sobre ruedas" (season 3), Voice role; series of shorts on Disney XD, Bainbridge Performing Arts (BPA) production, This page was last edited on 17 November 2020, at 06:00. [22] Her next single, "Count Me In", was released on June 3, 2014. [59] In 2019, Cameron starred alongside Renée Fleming in The Light in the Piazza in London. [35] On July 29, 2016, the band released their first EP, Negatives, featuring their singles "Make You Stay" and "Glowing in the Dark" and four new songs. [73][74][75], 2007–2015: Breakthrough with Disney Channel, Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in Children's Programming, R.L. Cameron began filming the season of Liv and Maddie in early 2016. I can't believe I get to call you that. [61] Then on November 1, 2019, she released her followup single, "So Good". [36] In October 2016, as a result of Cameron's and McCartan's breakup, the musical duo disbanded. [3], Cameron has stated that she is of French descent and that she speaks some French. Dove is actually her stage name she took from a nickname given to her by her father. [34] The Girl and the Dreamcatcher released their third single, "Someone You Like", on April 8, 2016. She grew up in Bainbridge Island, Washington. Her cover peaked on the Billboard Kid Digital Songs chart at seventeen and spent three weeks on the chart. The single received 22 million views in less than a month.[30][31]. [67], Cameron is openly bisexual. 1, becoming Cameron's first No. Cameron played the role of Amber Von Tussle in the NBC live television presentation of Hairspray Live!, which aired on December 7, 2016. [25] The film was viewed by 6.6 million people and spawned Cameron's two first Billboard Hot 100 songs, "Rotten to the Core" at number 38[26] and a solo song, "If Only", at number 94. Other songs from the film featuring Cameron such as "Set It Off" and "Evil Like Me" charted at No. Cameron is of French descent, and is a fluent speaker of French, having spent many years of her life growing up in France. [72] Cameron has been in a relationship with Scottish actor Thomas Doherty since December 2016. ahmetkozan, Other Works Reception was generally positive, and Cameron's performance was praised.Cameron reprized her role as Mal in Descendants 2, the sequel to Descendants, in 2017. In the same year, she released her debut single, "If Only", for Descendants. [29] As part of the Descendants franchise, Cameron released a cover of the Christina Aguilera's song "Genie in a Bottle". [16] Disney Channel renewed Liv and Maddie for a 13-episode second season slated to premiere in Fall 2014,[17] which was later expanded to 24 episodes. I'm French, I speak French, & I grew up going there a lot. Thanks for saying yes", "Dove Cameron and Ryan McCartan Call Off Their Engagement", "Dove Cameron and Thomas Doherty Celebrate One-Year Anniversary: Look Back at Their Sweetest Moments | E! (2018). At the age of 8, she began acting in community theater at Bainbridge Performing Arts.When she was 14, her family moved to Los Angeles, California, where she sang in Burbank High School's National Championship Show Choir. But Not Breakup Songs", "Dove Cameron Releases 'So Good' Music Video With Fairytale Makeup by Cupid's Vault", "Dove Cameron Gets in Touch With Nature in 'So Good' Music Video", "Accessorize With Dove Cameron x Privé Revaux's New Collection", "Dove Cameron Mixes It Up With Rocky “Out Of Touch”", "Dove Cameron Announces New Single "Remember Me" Featuring BIA", "Sie will Musik zusammen mit IHM machen: "Descendants"-Star Dove Cameron verrät Details", "This bisexual Marvel star's posts about stealing your girl have gone viral", "♡DOVE♡ on Instagram: "I tried so hard to accurately capture how incredibly gorgeous these beauties are when they showed up in my dressing room today, but a photo…, "WATCH: Engaged Couple Ryan McCartan and Dove Cameron Make Us Swoon With 'Someone You Like' Lyric Video", "Dedicating my 1,000th post to my fiancée.