Here’s a silly thought: you could play all notes as artificial harmonics – excluding the G-string. It’s one thing to play a couple notes up above the 10th fret on the A-string, but as soon as you’re playing a significant chunk up there, it can be inconvenient or just sound silly. Let me share with you some tricks I’ve picked up along the way for converting tabs. The only difference is that when transposing the most you’ll ever have to transpose is up a perfect 4th. Converting Guitar Tabs to Ukulele. If you’re playing a chord in high-g tuning, you can usually get away with fretting the same exact shape on low-G. You’ll lose the way closely-voiced notes rub against each other, harmonically, but it will sound similar. But a baritone also means you can play the bottom four guitar strings as written. So it’s natural to try and use guitar tabs as a jumping off point. You can always use the “lowest note” method from the guitar tab section above. But, in my opinion, playing Cochise an octave and a half above Tom Morello’s riff is a BIG compromise and doesn’t sound very cool. This is especially useful for a low note in a chord. Guitar Chords 294602 chords Guitar Pro 74023 tabs Especially if you like playing rock music, or some other similarly guitar-centric genre, there probably aren’t many uke tabs … As with anything in music, use your judgement to decide how to proceed with any tab conversion. But you always can play a high-g part on a low-G uke. There are no set rules. More often than not, I can’t find a way to play the song in a satisfying way. This is why you don’t really hear anybody playing campanella style on a low-G tuned uke. Riptide Ukulele by Vance Joy, Over The Rainbow Ukulele by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Just The Two Of Us Ukulele by Grover Washington Jr. and other tabs filtered by ukulele chords @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com Like this one from Ukulele Tabs: A more advanced workaround to the tuning problem is to fret everything as shown in the tab. Which means there are millions more guitar tabs floating around the interwebs. There are a lot of ways to attempt converting a guitar tab to ukulele. This means you probably won’t have many – or any – unreasonably high notes. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. You can combat these low notes one of two ways: Moving the note up to the next octave will often get you out of trouble. Guitar has been a big deal a lot longer than ukulele has. With the sheer amount of ukulele resources available there are bound to be some materials that you’d like to use, but can’t due to their intended tuning. If it’s an entire phrase that’s shifted it might sound better than not. It doesn’t necessarily work going the other way. This isn’t the end of the world. If you’re stuck staring at the tab too long, just trying to pick some of the notes out by listening can be a great help. Welcome Offer: 80% OFF on annual membership of Ultimate Guitar Pro Try Now. Keeping a flow going when making these changes can be quite a challenge, but just remember that the note holds a place in the rhythm no matter where it’s played! More about me. fresh tabs top tabs lessons submit videos . If you’re a beginner it might be more trouble than it’s worth. The guitar’s range is an octave and a bit lower than the ukulele. This would make everything on the low-G tab sound an octave up. Anything else can usually be flown under the radar by playing them in a dynamically mindful way (i.e. I’m an ukulele artist from Honokaʻa, Hawaiʻi, where I run this site from an off-grid cabin in the jungle. Guys like Uke Hunt do it all the time. A real high-g-er would probably have some better ideas. Depending on the span of the part, this can put you playing very high. (Or at least many good ones that do the song justice.) OR you can play the tab as written on a standard GCEA-tuned uke. UkuTabs is part of the UkuWorld network which also offers ukulele tips & guides, ukulele scales, chord charts, an ukulele tuner, a chord … High-g is a funny tuning in the instrument world. For instance, if the guitar part looks like this: The “X” is lower than 5 so it can’t be converted in this way. Top 100 Tabs sorted by hits | at Ultimate-Guitar.Com. Which means there are millions more guitar tabs floating around the interwebs. Ukulele players all over the world have direct access to UkuTabs its large and completely free song archive which is constantly being updated with new songs. Sometimes you need to move up two octaves. When you transpose you can keep everything in order and just shift the notes up until the lowest one fits on your fretboard. This is fairly easy, but throws the part out of order. As a low-G only ukulele player, I don’t feel I’m the most qualified person to give advice here. Over The Rainbow. Sometimes this works, sometimes not. softer). Since the ukulele is tuned the same as a guitar capoed on the 5th fret, any number on the tab higher than 5 can be used straight on ukulele. Playing a tab as it’s written in the opposite tuning will result in notes on the G-string that are offset by an octave. If you have a baritone ukulele you can get more of the notes from the tab in its range. You can get the same fingering by transposing the tab up. This cuts both ways as low-G tabs exclude high-g ukulele players and high-g tabs exclude low-G uke players. It allows you to play some pretty cool stuff, but is often quite hard to reproduce in other tunings. Guitar has been a big deal a lot longer than ukulele has. This is infinitely more useful on tabs that stay in a high range and is kind of useless for ones that don’t. Ultimate tabs and chords for guitar. It’s quite possible you’ll have an easier time figuring out a song by ear. Passenger - A Song For The Drunk And Broken Hearted, Misc Television - Queens Gambit - I Can't Remember Love, Rosie music - I Could Write 10 Songs Bout 9 Ways, Thomas Mac - Why Beer Is Better Than A Woman, Bruce Springsteen - One Minute You're Here, Arctic Monkeys - Whyd You Only Call Me When You're High, Corinne Bailey Rae - Till It Happens To You, Tom Fletcher - Something New Bump To Buzz, Avenged Sevenfold - A Little Piece Of Heaven, A Rocket To The Moon - If I'm Gonna Fall In Love, Andy Williams - Speak softly love (Godfather theme), KC and The Sunshine Band - Please don't go, Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Swim And Sleep Like A Shark, Musikatha - Katapatan Mo O Diyos Kaybuti Mo, Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name.