Adele got the title "Rolling In The Deep" from the British saying "Roll Deep," which means to look after someone. That’s a pretty weighty tome, but this entry is particularly special for Kramer. Aerosmith headline the Download festival (June 9-11) on Sunday, June 11. All rights reserved. The scientifically baffling end-of-the-world summer blockbuster film Armageddon, starring Bruce Willis, needed a soundtrack single recorded by an A-list band. In fact, he was in the midst of his own personal hell. "No Scrubs" introduced the term "scrub" to the popular lexicon, and defined it in the opening lines ("a scrub is a guy that think he's fine..."). Howard explains his positive songwriting method and how uplifting songs can carry a deeper message. As Aerosmith began work on their 12th album, the appropriately titled Nine Lives, from the outside at least they looked to be in the best shape in quite some time. The drug- and alcohol-fuelled days of the 70s and early 80s had long since been put behind them, and they’d reaped hefty rewards in the wake of their sobriety. But one thing still eluded them. Some other hit songs Warren wrote include ", Diane Warren found inspiration for this song after hearing about an interview where James Brolin said that when his wife Barbra Streisand was away, he missed her even when he was sleeping. But Lord knows we try. His response suggests that he might not be quite ready to bring the curtain down just yet. That was welcomed by the band. But initially Kramer wasn’t sold on it. The tour resumed on September 9, when "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" was the #1 song in America. “Things are a little bit different today,” he says, laughing. At that time, that was what we did. While Aerosmith are currently gearing up for their 2017 European farewell tour, the 66-year-old Kramer admits that such punishing schedules are a thing of the past. Diane Warren wrote this song, which is about treasuring every moment spent with another person. The three albums that preceded Nine Lives – Permanent Vacation, Pump and Get A Grip – were critically lauded and, commercially, hugely successful. With their Aero-Vederci Baby tour billed as a farewell, we asked drummer Joey Kramer how he feels about preparing for the band’s final UK show at this summer’s Download festival. "I'll Be" was what Edwin called his "Hail Mary" song. The video's director, Francis Lawrence, used a lot of close-up shots to compensate. “I couldn’t answer that question because I never worked with any of the songwriters that Steven and Joe worked with,” Kramer answers. But, even years after the band had kicked the booze and drugs, the battles weren’t over. I can’t do the things now that I did when I was twenty-five. "I remember being at the Sunset Marquis Hotel, and sitting at the piano with him and teaching him the song and just having chills all over my body as I heard the song come to life with his voice and knowing what it was going to be," she told. Despite the Nine Lives album selling by the boatload, none of the singles from it had managed to crack the Top 20. Rich Chamberlain So presumably I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing is close to his heart? How well do you know your protest songs (including the one that went to #1)? When Judd Apatow needed under-appreciated rockers for his Knocked Up sequel, he immediately thought of Parker, who just happened to be getting his band The Rumour back together. The ballad I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing, written by Diane Warren, was chosen as the track to be reworked and recorded for the film. “I kind of knew it was a hit, but I didn’t really like the song,” he admits. Please refresh the page and try again. It was difficult to imagine what kind of touch Aerosmith could put on it and make it our own.