It’s very likely that you have some apps on your iPhone that you’ve never used, or haven’t used in a while. How is the thickened font? If there's a cloud symbol next to an iOS app name, this app has been offloaded to increase storage space on your device. How Much Space is Left on My MacBook Air? This provides a clear way to see how much that app will cost, which is one of the biggest factors that helps to determine whether you will ultimately choose to download and install it. You can read this article for more ways to save space on your iPhone which won’t require you to have updated to iOS 11. If so, you can follow one of the storage recommendations that will automatically offload your unused apps. How to Create a Distribution List in Outlook 2013, How to Make a Powerpoint Slide Vertical in Powerpoint 2013. Why Can’t I Access Control Center When an App is Open on My iPhone? If you have used the App Store on your iPhone before, then you are probably used to seeing the word “Free” or a price next to apps that you encounter. The cloud icon indicates that the app is one that you own, but that it is currently not on the device, and is stored in the cloud. If you tap an app icon with that cloud icon next to it, the app will reinstall itself on your iPhone. Once you have purchased an app with your Apple ID, you own that app forever, whether you choose to delete it at some point in the future or not. How to Add an Outline to Text in Word 2013, How to Block a Phone Number from the Call Log on a Samsung Galaxy On5, Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION) Review. If you see a dotted-line cloud next to a song, then it might mean one of the following: Waiting: The song is in the process of being matched and hasn't been uploaded. Why Can’t I Access Control Center When an App is Open on My iPhone? LINK TO POST … Not Uploaded: The song was added from another device and can't be matched. If you see blue, green or red in the status bar. Similar Threads. Our guide below will show you where to find the option to offload apps so that you can use it if you see fit. How to Turn Off Read Receipts on the iPhone 5. This indicates that the app has already been purchased with your Apple ID (This includes free apps. Step 2: Scroll down and select the General option. If this icon is red, your iPhone has less than 20% charge. Are you looking for some new apps to use on your iPhone, but you don’t have a particular one in mind? Disclaimer: Most of the pages on the internet include affiliate links, including some on this site. The cloud symbol basically tells you the app is in iCloud (well, the App Store), available to download and access when or if needed. Offloading apps is a little different than uninstalling them. Your iPhone is connected to CarPlay. Note that there may be a See more button if there are additional options that can increase your available storage. One of these methods involves offloading unused apps from your device. Your iPhone is charging. It’s very likely that you have some apps on your iPhone that you’ve never used, or haven’t used in a while. Forum; Apple Hardware; iPhone; Other Apple Phones; iPhone 5; What is this little cloud button for? Why does iOS show a white cloud next to app names on my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Any app that has the cloud icon next to it can be downloaded to your device, for free. The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 7 Plus in iOS 11.3. The little cloud icon represents apps that have already been purchased, and readily available to re-download OTA (over the air). A small iCloud icon appeared on my iPhone home screen. Disclaimer: Most of the pages on the internet include affiliate links, including some on this site. How to Create a Distribution List in Outlook 2013, How to Make a Powerpoint Slide Vertical in Powerpoint 2013. Offloading apps is a little different than uninstalling them.