Of course, Nanjiani’s decision to stick to his principles paid off, and he has a starring role coming up in Marvel’s The Eternals. It will be the comedic actor's first superhero role, and he will be joined by a host of other stars in the film. Nanjiani then laughed and said he still doesn’t regret refusing to do the accent for the hit film. “Which you have been asked to do, and often you’re like, ‘No, thanks,’” she said. His favourite filmmakers include Stanley Kubrick, Denis Villeneuve, Christopher Nolan, Wes Anderson, Edgar Wright and the Coens. He goes on to mention how the diversity of the group was a positive for the movie: "There are 10 of us in the movie and we all walk and sound completely different. His confidence might stem from the fact that, as played by Nanjiani, Kingo is set to be as muscle-bound as Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool. More: Every Upcoming Marvel Movie (2020 - 2022). The Silicon Valley star is set to portray Kingo Sunen in the upcoming Marvel movie, Eternals.It will be the comedic actor's first superhero role, and he will be joined by a host of other stars in the film. Kumail Nanjiani believes that Kingo, the character he plays in Marvel's upcoming Eternals movie, would beat Deadpool in a bar fight. When it was announced that Disney's first R-rated release in over half a decade was going to star Dave Bautista and Kumail Nanjiani, audiences were understandably excited. The go-to source for comic book and superhero movie fans. It is directed by Chloé Zhao and will star Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek, Gemma Chan and Kit Harrington alongside Nanjiani. Eternals is set to release on February 12, 2021, and will form a major part of Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “So there was a really, really big movie, actually, that I auditioned for, and I was a taxi driver, and the director was like, ‘Hey, could you play up the accent a little bit?’ And I was like, ‘I’m sorry, I won’t.’” Nanjiani told the #REPRESENT panel. Asked who would win in a bar fight, Kingo Sunen or Deadpool, Nanjiani replied cheekily: "Kingo Sunen, but I still can't tell you exactly why.". And even though Wade Wilson is known for his combat skills and healing ability, The Eternals actor Kumail Nanjiani is convinced his character Kingo could take out Deadpool in a fight. “I’m playing the first South Asian superhero in a Marvel movie,” Nanjiani said. “And then the guy felt really bad.”. The second part of his quote, around secrecy, refers to the fact that Marvel actors are under strict instructions not to reveal any plot points before a movie's release. Kumail Nanjiani believes that the character he plays in Eternals would beat Deadpool in a bar fight. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. The actor also goes on to say in the interview that working on the film was a huge privilege for him. But Nanjiani is clearly confident that Kingo, who is a cosmic being, Samurai and Bollywood star, can take on the Merc with a Mouth and emerge triumphant, despite the fact that Deadpool is essentially immortal. Star Wars Finally Redeems Wedge Antilles & Rogue Squadron, Kumail Nanjiani’s Eternals Character Would Beat Deadpool, The Eternals: Kumail Nanjiani's 10 Best Roles, According to Rotten Tomatoes, Every Upcoming Marvel Movie (2020 - 2022), How Long Doctor Strange Spent In The Dark Dimension With Dormammu, Top Gun 2: Who The Villain Is In Maverick, Tom Felton Relives Harry Potter Feud In Hilarious Photos, Black Phillip Was A Real-Life Nightmare For The Witch Director, Top Gun 2 Uses No Green Screen, Says Star Miles Teller, The Matrix 4 Theory: Why Neo Must Die To Save Humanity, Batman v Superman Rewatch 78: 'Batmobile Unstoppable' With Tim Rigby, The Prom Movie Trailer: Ryan Murphy Brings Broadway Musical To Netflix, Alan Ball & Paul Bettany Interview: Uncle Frank, New My Hero Academia Movie Teases All For One Villain, RDJ Tries Iron Man’s Helmet For the First Time in BTS Image, The Christmas Chronicles 2: What Language The Elves Speak, Ready Player Two Ruins The Original’s Hero (By Copying Dumbledore), New Wonder Woman 1984 Poster Confirms CCXP Panel. Nanjiani almost broke the internet when a series of photographs showing the Pakistan-born actor shirtless. A one-stop shop for all things video games. While he does not name the movie in question, Nanjiani did say he auditioned for a part in the first “Deadpool” movie in a 2014 episode of his now-defunct podcast “The Indoor Kids.” “I don’t want to be the schlubby brown guy—I want to look like someone who can hang with Thor and Captain America.”, Post Malone Tells Us About His New ‘Celebrity World Pong League’ Show And His Upcoming Music, Steve McQueen On His Most Personal Project To Date, ‘Small Axe,’ And Overcoming His Fears As A Filmmaker, Nice Shot, Mank: A Definitive Ranking Of David Fincher Movies, The Rundown: Please, For The Love Of God, Release ‘F9’ On New Year’s Eve, Author/Historian Thomas Frank On Why The Democratic Party Needs To Reclaim Populism From Republicans, Iraqi-Canadian MC Narcy Explains The Danger Of Internet Deep Fakes, Master Brewer Jaega Wise On Getting More Women Into The Beer Industry And Brewing During A Pandemic, Trader Joe’s Wines That Nail The Combination Of Taste And Value, Every Sneaker From The Adidas ‘Mandalorian’ Collection, Ranked, We Tasted, Critiqued, And Ranked Every Item On Taco Bell’s Menu, MyCover: Killian Hayes Followed His Own Path, Chris Bosh And The Drone Racing League Are Motivated To Promote Diversity In STEM, Anthony Davis Tells Us What He Learned From His First Championship With The Lakers, Talib Kweli & Mannie Fresh Talk The Cash Money Story, Lil Wayne, Scott Storch, DaniLeigh Tears Down A Swaggering ‘Monique’ Performance For ‘UPROXX Sessions’, Lil Keed, NLE Choppa, And More React To Busta Rhymes’ Classic ‘Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See’ Video, HUF’s Keith Hufnagel In His Final Video Interview — From NYC Skater To Streetwear Icon, All The Best New R&B From This Week That You Need To Hear, All The Best New Indie Music From This Week, All The Best New Pop Music From This Week, All The Best New Music From This Week That You Need To Hear. While appearing on Variety‘s “#REPRESENT: Success Stories,” Silicon Valley and The Eternals star Kumail Nanjiani revealed that he once refused to exaggerate his accent for the role of a taxi driver in a really big movie. In a March interview with Men’s Health, Nanjiani was particularly proud that he got to base his superhero look on real-life Indian actor Hrithik Roshan. Whether he would actually be able to get into a fight with rogue Marvel character and beat him remains to be seen, but it is clear that Nanjiani wouldn't shy away from the confrontation. But the most intriguing part of the interview has to be Nanjiani's comment that Kingo would be able to beat Deadpool. When he isn't watching, writing about or thinking about films, Daniel likes to go hiking in the mountains with his wife. It's one of the most diverse casts I've ever seen, and doing it in the context of a team of superheroes is just fantastic. And if Variety‘s sleuthing is on the ball, it really was a big movie: While he does not name the movie in question, Nanjiani did say he auditioned for a part in the first “Deadpool” movie in a 2014 episode of his now-defunct podcast “The Indoor Kids.” On it, Emily V. Gordon — Nanjiani’s wife and collaborator — brings up him being asked to exaggerate his accent during auditions. Kumail Nanjiani believes that the character he plays in Eternals would beat Deadpool in a bar fight. Currently working out of New York City, he is a film-obsessed immigrant from Cape Town, South Africa. Daniel Gillespie has been a writer and editor for the past 11 years. The Silicon Valley star is set to portray Kingo Sunen in the upcoming Marvel movie, Eternals. The actor will be playing Kingo, a Bollywood star who’s secretly an immortal being who has been hiding on Earth for centuries. Related: The Eternals: Kumail Nanjiani's 10 Best Roles, According to Rotten Tomatoes, Nanjiani recently got on the phone with CineXpress for an interview to promote his latest Netflix release, The Lovebirds, but the interviewer managed to sneak in a couple of questions about Eternals at the end. It's great that this team of superheroes looks like what the world actually looks like.". Click the button below to start this article in quick view. According to Kumail, he’s fine with leaning into his Pakistani accent and making it thicker for certain parts, but he draws the line at mocking it for comedy.