Collateral Material. [2] Ask, what did you notice about the Mad Tea experience? {Liberating Structure in Development} Feedback on this LS. Great setting for … Before we make our next move, we cannot neglect to... Something we should stop doing (or divest) is…, What I hope can happen for us in this work is…, If we do nothing, the worst thing that can happen for us is…, A courageous conversation we are not having is…, An action or practice helping us move forward is…, A project that gives me confidence we are transforming is…. McCandless and Lipmanowicz 11. How does Liberating Structure work? Liberating Structures Day 2 Slides 1. The first one is the Mad Tea Party, in which we form two concentrical circles in the room. Mad Tea has been a standard over many years. What paradoxical challenges must I / we face down to make progress? [5] Invite participants to silently complete the strategy worksheet (below), An uncertainty we must creatively adapt to is…, What I find challenging in our current situation is…. We went through Impromptu Networking, Mad Tea Zoom Style, 1-2-4-All combined with Conversation Cafe, and more! Standing across from another person respond to the open ended sentence that follows : 1 min 4. Post your thoughts on Mad Tea [Party]. Mad Tea quickly provokes a deeper set of reflections and strategic insights among group members. MAD TEA PARTY A wild romp through strategy making 3. Inspired by McCandless and Lipmanowicz 15. 2. 6. McCandless and Lipmanowicz 13. Liberating Structures are easy-to-learn microstructures that enhance relational coordination and trust. Mad Tea is an energetic, fast-paced exercise that helps to share ideas, insights, and … STEPS + TIMING: 1. 3. Variants• Mad Tea Party – a.k.a. This form includes open sentences linked to strategy and formulating next steps together. What is happening around me / us that demands creative adaptation? How does Liberating Structure work? They quickly foster lively participation in groups of any size, making it possible to truly include and unleash everyone. 8. Hosting a virtual meeting takes effort. Form two circles with the inner facing out 2. McCandless and Lipmanowicz 10. Give it a try and share your experience here. McCandless and Lipmanowicz 12. Mad Tea unleashes more than you expect. In a seriously fun way, the unfinished sentences focus attention on every individual and the group answering tough questions together (e.g., If we do nothing, the worst thing that can happen for us is…). In order to have an effective meeting, it's important to first create … Trial BalloonFor LS SeriesIn SeattleMcCandless and Lipmanowicz 14. 1. 4) Give a high five before moving! Each person faces one other person and completes an open-ended sentence in less than thirty seconds. LIBERATING STRUCTURES DAY II 2. speed dating 9. The questions focus attention and produce fresh understanding of strategic options and next steps. This form includes open sentences linked to strategy and formulating next steps together. We had an amazing workshop last week with Zsuzsi, Oral and Barish facilitating a fun string of Liberating Structures on Zoom! What Is Made Possible? What Is Made Possible? Die Live-Aufzeichnung unseres zweiten "FrooC - Liberating Structures", bei dem Anja Ebers von akanto als Expertin dabei war. Enter your information below to post a reply to this thread. Ding the bells twice at 1 minute, remind participants to move two to the right (you will not have to remind them after the first round), 5. For example, here is a string developed by Fisher Qua for a team working to improve their performance: Bring hats to make Mad Tea a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, Use "chat to all" within virtual conferencing technology (it can be lively and fun with hundreds of participants), Part of the opening of any meeting with 20 or more people present, Use before a more formal conversation about strategy. Start with a personal connection. Mad Tea Party Still-in-development Rearrange a richer, deeper, funner context for taking action 5. Some HTML allowed:
, Liberating the Courts & Child Welfare Law, Marisa’s Rehearsal for Real Life as a Nurse, Straight Up Business: Setter, Not the Spiker, Getting Out of the In-Formation IT Department, LS: Innovating by Including & Unleashing Everyone, Inclusive High-Stakes Decision Making Made Easy, Liberating Structures in Development Discussion. Mad Tea quickly provokes a deeper set of reflections and strategic insights among group members. The first one is the Mad Tea Party, in which we form two concentrical circles in the room. Mad Tea unleashes more than you expect. 1. Notify me of follow-up comments via email. Mad Tea (v1.2) Rearrange the context for taking action. As described on the website of Liberating Structures, Mad Tea is a “Liberating Structure-in-development” that quickly provokes a deeper set of … Strategy Questions inspired by Chris McGoff (The Primes), Liberating the Courts & Child Welfare Law, Marisa’s Rehearsal for Real Life as a Nurse, Straight Up Business: Setter, Not the Spiker, Getting Out of the In-Formation IT Department, LS: Innovating by Including & Unleashing Everyone, Inclusive High-Stakes Decision Making Made Easy, You are invited to finish a set of open sentences that relate to shaping your next steps together, Unlimited # people, face-to-face in pairs in two concentric circles, The inner circle faces out and the outer circle faces in, Each person is directly across from one other person, Facilitator projects each question on a screen and dings once to shift the exchange between the pair and twice to shift to a new partner (rotating two people to the right), Everyone has an equal opportunity to contribute, In pairs for each sentence, switching two places to the right as each new sentence appears, Mad Tea brings more life and passion to strategy making, Reflections, insights, and imagination are enhanced, Short intervals and pressure to respond quickly reveals essential qualities—without cerebral left brain "interference", Responses are stripped of artifice and broken down into simple statements anyone can grasp, The movement and speed produce magical off-balance moments—one of the gateways to the intuitive, When the participants mind is emptied of attitude and politically correct responses, you can see everything outside of yourself more clearly, Invite the listener to give all their attention to the answers given, Keep the time very short for each exchange—20 seconds to 50 seconds for each person in the pair, Mad Tea can get very loud: be sure you have loud bells or another device everyone can notice easily, Insert different open sentences depending on the topic at hand (you can make it lighter). Attribution: Liberating Structure developed by Henri Lipmanowicz and Keith McCandless. Participants form two circles, one inside the other. [1] Invite one person in each pair to finish the sentence # 1 first , ding the bells once at 30 seconds, then invite the other to do the same, 4. [2] Describe the rules succinctly: in very short order, one person completes the sentence on the screen while the other expresses keen interest and curiosity, 3. Given my / our purpose, what seems possible now? Below: Presentation materials we use to introduce Users Experience Fishbowl. 6. 4. The questions focus attention and produce fresh understanding of strategic options and next steps. How am I / are we acting our way forward toward the future? What first inspired me in my work is… 5. When time is up, participants are invited to move to their right so that they are in front of someone else to complete the next sentence, and so on. Notice the Liberating Structures we use (Mad Tea, Conversation Cafe & 15% Solutions). Only now is it becoming a more formal part of the LS repertoire. You decide to use Mad Tea, a Liberating Structures in Development. Check out … Only now is it becoming a more formal part of the LS repertoire. 5. Liberating Structures are a disruptive innovation that can replace more controlling or constraining approaches. {Liberating Structure in Development} Feedback on this LS. TRIZ 16. Mad Tea Etiquette 1) Stay curious, dig deep, have fun 2) Don’t over think answers 3) Finish each of the open sentences with a short phrase! Give it a try and share your experience here. 7. Mad Tea has been a standard over many years. Attribution: Liberating Structure developed by Henri Lipmanowicz and Keith McCandless and inspired by immersing ourselves in many different kinds of fishbowls over the years. Please share that surprises popped up. [1] Ask everyone in the group to for two concentric circles and find one other person, standing directly across from them, face to face, 2. Where am I / are we starting, honestly? What is the deepest need for my / our work?