Okay, fast and deep sighs now, to rid the lungs of CO2 and start with a full load of pure air. Do the “duck dive”: arms pointing down, execute a breast stroke to put your body vertical, extend legs to the sky to sink faster. Voilà. The Frenzel maneuver consists of using the air in your mouth, not your lungs, for the equalization: you lock a pocket of air with your tongue against the palate, open the soft palate, and push the air up to the nasal cavity with the back of your tongue. Don’t look down on the descent. 20m. Problem is, being the obsessive perfectionist that I am, I can’t decide for one among the three candidates I have, because none of them is truly perfect. 14.06.2019. Kategorien. We’ve done this business of sailing from one country to the next a dozen times. To protect the coral, anchoring is strictly prohibited, so if you arrive by boat you have to either dock at one of the two marinas, or tie to a municipal mooring buoy. Relax? Month: January 2019 Bonaire. All those were aborted attempts that must have looked quite funny. We were already anchored in Curaçao. When Kathy “volunteered” to dive in order to check if the anchor was well set, she simply couldn’t find the anchor. _ja_badge_header = 'Photo albums'; Okay, I think I have to accept this is the most relaxed I’ll manage to be. We walked to customs and then across the bridge and through the entire town to immigration. I was prepared to say that my kids wanted to have the experience of sailing overnight under a full moon, or some such. move on! That one breast stroke should be enough to get all of you, including the fins, underwater; start finning then. A week before I would have been ecstatic if I had reached 22m. Yeah, sure. Relax. Entry requirements and procedures vary widely: some countries will want only the captain with the crew’s passports, others want to see every crew in person. Now I’m frustrated. Relax. Río Chagres, the last (and amazing) anchorage. Fresh air is way up there, the equivalent of a 7-story building. Month: February 2019 It’s all in the mind. And here we go. Lizenz-Beispiel und HTML-Code Photo: Nandu by Marco Verch under Creative Commons 2.0 No, wait, two more. That shows that it’s all in the mind, and that’s why I like the challenge of freediving. Some will happily accept pets—no questions asked—others will make it so complicated with requirements impossible to fulfill that you’d think twice before bringing Garfield. She said our only option was to sail back to Bonaire. The important thing is, I see it! I’ve been in the 27°C (81°F) water for a while now, floating absolutely still, face down, breathing through the snorkel. “Oh, Paula, yeah, she’s alright”, perhaps? Did she really talk to somebody in Bonaire? Relax. Bonaire is the least developed and most laid back of the ABC islands: 19,000 inhabitants, zero traffic lights. European Commission - This website provides information on the EU's enterprise policy, entrepreneurship, business support, innovation, standardisation and e-business. Relax. In Bonaire turtles have been protected since 1961, spear fishing was banned in 1971, and the entire shore of the island was declared a national park in 1979. At least that one I can do without much thinking, because if I had to think then all bets would be off. (Tension and anxiety increase the heart rate and oxygen consumption like nothing else). Weitere (7) ... 12.03.2019. Then she said she was trying to contact authorities in Bonaire. Then I remember to ration my energy expenditure, relax, and not look up. Not just any Sunday, but Sunday December 23rd. The agent seemed sympathetic: “what happens is that you cruisers do things differently”. Equalizing the ears means to force air up the Eustachian tubes to build up pressure in the middle ear and equalize it with the environment pressure; if you don’t equalize, pain and misery will come to your ears. Oh, right, use the right hand to preequalize while still at the surface, then bring the right arm forward, let go of the buoy and bring the left arm forward as well. Kultur ... Trotz Bemühungen um eine "Geburtenkontrolle" hat sich Europas einzige wilde Nandu-Population seit dem Frühjahr mehr als verdoppelt. Your email address will not be shared. Für die Landwirte waren das aber immer noch zu viele Tiere. I can hold my breath longer than Kathy, we have similar technique, yet she managed to reach 3 or 4 meters deeper than I. Among other things, hyperventilation removes CO2 from your blood, which sounds like a good idea, but it isn’t. Die wilden Nandus von Deutschland Eigentlich ist der Nandu im warmen Südamerika ... Verdacht der Terrorfinanzierung wird geprüft 11.09.2019. Let’s make it three. Relax. They wanted to know what anchorages we were going to be in, and exactly which dates in each (we’re cruisers… we have no idea where we’re going to be the day after tomorrow, let alone a month from now!). I feel both elated and frustrated. Let’s try to continue anyway. _ja_badge_header = 'Photo albums'; It’s downwind of Bonaire and upwind of Curaçao, which means that, if you want to visit it, it makes a lot of sense to do it before reaching Curaçao… otherwise you’ll have to backtrack upwind. Verkaufe 3 Nandu Hennen Aus dem Jahr 2017 die Hennen sind Legereif Preis für alle 3 zusammen... 550 € VB 86676 Ehekirchen. For new year’s eve it was Armageddon: an almost 360-degree spectacle from our boat that started hours before midnight and continued well into the new year. We took a taxi across a quarter of the island to the capital. We asked for clarifications, which only made things worse: it wasn’t how much we had, but how much we were going to have when leaving the country. I turn around and start kicking frantically. In Deutschland leben wilde Nandus – und es werden immer mehr. I keep my dignity and manage to look as if everything was always under control. The next day I do improve and reach at least the depth that’s required to pass the class, but fail to reach my personal goal of 30m (100ft). The contrast between the crystal-clear waters of Bonaire and the murky waters of our anchorage didn’t help. Instead, what the officer saw was that our exit papers listed three people leaving Bonaire, and four of us trying to enter Curaçao. Continuing with the sequence then: bring right hand back to the mask to pinch the nose and equalize frequently (don’t wait for pain in the middle ears to remind you to equalize). Your email address will not be shared. It is one of the island we’ll be most interested in visiting again, because of its incredibly pristine waters. But wait, dude, are you sure? Snorkeling became a daily activity, followed by a visit to Gio’s to get a scoop of extra-dark chocolate ice cream—which is a lot to say from someone who doesn’t really like ice cream (and, no, I didn’t even try the other flavors). It wouldn’t be the first time I pee in my wetsuit, but I think I’ve taken a long time already, and there’s three people waiting for me: the instructor, Kathy, and another student (who, by the way, takes an annoyingly enormous amount of time for himself, which is in part to blame why I’m so cold now, so, no, I don’t want to challenge that particular record). I’ve been in the 27°C (81°F) water for a while now, floating absolutely still, face down, breathing through the snorkel. Except that it takes me abruptly out of my zen zone. Since we, lazy sailors, like to follow the wind and not fight against it, we made an overnight stop in Klein Curaçao, on our way from Bonaire to Curaçao. Weitere 1 - 7 von 7 Anzeigen für "nandus" in Deutschland. What is it with Curaçaoans and fireworks? Oh, right, bring that worry-free scene to the mind. She had us waiting for one hour. The icing on the cake was on the last page, which was blank except for the prompt “draw a picture of your boat”. I guess I’m failing at this relaxation business… but, wait, no, the instructor said that it’s best to only have positive thoughts and I’m going negative already! It’s uncomfortable, but it’s not a big deal. We just had to overcome the shock of leaving Bonaire. Even though I’m wearing the same thick wetsuit I use to windsurf in the San Francisco Bay, where the water is 15°C (59°F), I’m getting cold. Clearly! Once I surface I feel I still had plenty of reserves. Okay, so far so good. I had to apply reverse with the engines in order to get the chain taught above the sea bottom, so that she could visually follow the chain to the anchor, and even then it wasn’t easy.