Instead they act like Wayne Gale from Natural Born Killers and purposely say things that are misleading to give the audience a certain inaccurate idea. document.write('
');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; Mainly a break up. Max from Austin, Tx Man, this song just has bad acid trip written all over it. i didnt get this at first. This meaning was created by Charles Manson, this is a song from his perspective. there is a charles manson song called ATWA and it is not even remotely like this. By tiny little men with big opinions (always on others, they tend to see themselves as prophets think they are benevolent) and they bicker over trivial matters until it escalates...oil ring any bells america?S.O.A.D have a facebook page, why not just ask them what they're songs mean? As for the system version I'm not particularly a fan, mostly because i feel like it misses the point of ATWA (as a pseudo belief system or whatever) and what charlie says. Just kind of what I think. Air,Trees,Water, Animals. We're killing it all: Air: We're polluting. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. Don't forget. Bitte beachten Sie, dass System of a Down nicht die einzige Bedeutung von SOAD ist. Long, I know. Malakian believes the media has not portrayed all sides of Manson, and feels that some of his ideas were actually very good, especially his thoughts on the environment. it either God (because of the line- 'hey you, are me..' and and since we believe that we've been created in the image of god) talking to us about how we are desecrating the world, but we look at pictures and say what a lovely world we live in, when we are tinting it every second. Or maybe even God. }; Or, how absolutely crazy all the pictures we're seeing now are. Finally: "All the world I've seen before me passing by...." They've all been on this Earth longer than us. Its all up to the individual interpretation, but this song especially revived my soul because I saw it as a parallel with being hated and mocked in school. "Our songs mean nothing except for what they mean to you" - Daron Malakian (System of a Down), ok I think I have it figured out....this might sound crazy but maybe serj is singing in the place of our earth....what else has seen the whole entire world pass before its eyes......i think its talkin about all the pollution and shit.....we don't care about it anymore.....in one of their live shows serj was talking about polluting the earth and he seemed pretty passionate about it so I think that's why they wrote this song. (If you read "Manson in his own words", by Nuel Emmons...a part comes to mind where the first time his mom left him at one of these juvenile places, he was very hurt. He hasn't gotten to experience life as other people do. Official website for System Of A Down. ATWA Songtext. He was a petty criminal as a kid. I think that's all the main lines from the song I wanted to address. All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. there is a charles manson song called ATWA and it is not even remotely like this. Trees: We're cutting down to no end. System of a Down (also known abbreviated as SoaD or just simply as System) is an Armenian-American metal band formed in Glendale, California, in 1994.It currently consists of founding members Serj Tankian (lead vocals, keyboards), Daron Malakian (guitar, vocals) and Shavo Odadjian (bass, backing vocals) as well as John Dolmayan (drums), who replaced original drummer Andy Khachaturian in 1997. "Air, Trees, Water, Animals" is also a nod to mythological foursomes, be they the four elements, the four humors, the four axis of personality types (Myers-Briggs, Keirsey, Big Five, etc. This is obvious. We are overwhelmed with gratitude for your incredible support of our campaign for the people of Artsakh, and for donating to provide for those in dire need via the Armenia Fund. Or maybe the world. Daron Malakian is highly interested in Charles Manson so to anybody who says this song inst about him their complete idiots, Well, if you think about it quite well, it can sound like it's about breaking up with someone or one side love (how it says the person doesn't care and 'i' don't feel it now as well as "i've got nothing to gain, to lose" and "i don't see,hear,speak,sleep,eat,live" as how someone can just stop living out of sadness), I might be restating some things that have already been posted on this site, but....ATWA (Air Trees Water Animals) was first termed by Charles Manson. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If you look at the song lyrics, try to think about who might be talking. H from R, Nc System of a Down makes my heart grow three times bigger. I do agree with first interpretation but I think there is also another which is correct. They are no longer "pretty". USE YOUR BRAINS GUYS. Australia, America basically everywhere in the world, ATWA stands for air,trees,water,animals. Rant over. I feel like it completely misses the idea of atwa. This can simply be a statement implying that. Boy bands and teen pop were still big in 2001, but the yin to that yang were groups like Slipknot, Tool, and System Of A Down. Adele got the title "Rolling In The Deep" from the British saying "Roll Deep," which means to look after someone.