Which everyone saw!” Jennifer wrote, according to Entertainment Weekly. Where Are the 'American Idol' Winners Now? The strange death seemed like a clear indication that Linda's demise was not originally a part of the story arc the writers had envisioned for her character. These Christmas Front Doors Are Nothing but Merry, 27 Most Delicious Christmas Dinner Casserole Ideas. But to this day, fans are still begging for her character, Detective Jackie Curatola, to return to the show. After CBS’s announcement, Jennifer wrote a series of tweets accusing the network of “absolutely shameful behavior.”, “CBS knows PUT me on unpaid leave an has blocked me from working anywhere else after my doc said u needed a reduced schedule due to celiac …CBS didn’t listen to my doc and I collapsed on set. It's even worse when the circumstances around the death don't feel satisfying. Absolutely shameful behavior … If you feel this is unjust use your voice. Fans of CBS cop drama Blue Bloods had to contend with the loss of a character they'd been with for seven seasons when they learned that Linda Reagan (Amy Carlson), wife of Detective Danny Reagan (Donnie Wahlberg), had died under circumstances that felt disappointing at best. Jennifer Esposito only played Donnie Wahlberg’s partner on the CBS cop drama Blue Bloods for two years, from 2010 to 2012. Jennifer left Blue Bloods suddenly in 2012 after she collapsed on set due to complications from Celiac disease, according to … Linda's controversial death on Blue Bloods CBS "I am appalled and sad about comments made @paleycenter about Linda's demise on #BlueBloods #inaccurate," she wrote. Linda's strange departure from the show had longtime fans wondering if the move to kill off the wife, mother, and ER nurse was less motivated by the show's story, and more by behind-the-scenes drama. But to this day, fans are still begging for her character, Detective Jackie Curatola, to return to the show. Her character may have left the NYPD due to stress, but Jennifer claimed she was fired by CBS over her battle with celiac disease. Here's what really happened with Jennifer. "I would just respond... and say it's standard to have conversations with actors whose contracts are up prior to the season ending. It’s completely illegal, but they also knew that I didn’t have the money or the means to sue them,” she said. Needless to say, the surprising and underwhelming conclusion to one of the series' longest running characters was a shock. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo”. Jennifer Esposito only played Donnie Wahlberg ’s partner on the CBS cop drama Blue Bloods for two years, from 2010 to 2012. It's not that you start to shoot and don't know. While we may never have an entirely clear answer as to why Linda was killed off in the manner she was, the quiet drama following her departure from the show indicates that the decision wasn't entirely mutual. After the episode aired, fans took to Twitter to express their feelings, and actress Amy Carlson responded with a vague message of thanks. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Jennifer was last seen in the Blue Bloods season three episode “Nightmares,” in which her character, Jackie, explained that she was taking a leave of absence from law enforcement because of stress. ", If Carlson did indeed elect to not renew her contract, this answer seems to imply that instead of discussing her departure from the show with her, that producers hastily wrote her character off without consulting the actress. Her sudden exit confused fans, who still wish she hadn't left the show. Shortly … The circumstances surrounding her exit continued to confuse and frustrate fans. According to Deadline, Jennifer is set to star in the upcoming Netflix limited series Inventing Anna. The last fans saw of Linda was the finale of season 7. Let's get out our detective badges, and piece together the actual reason that Blue Bloods disposed of one of its best-loved characters. But Jennifer soon took to Twitter to dispute CBS’s account of the situation, alleging that the network put her on unpaid medical leave after her doctor said she had to work a reduced schedule due to her condition. Linda was nowhere to be seen in the episode, and in some clunky exposition it was revealed that she had died between the events of seasons 7 and 8 in a helicopter crash while treating patients as part of her job as an ER nurse. This content is imported from {embed-name}. As a result, she’s unable to perform the demands of her role, and we regretfully had to put her character on a leave of absence.”. Why Did Amy Carlson Really Leave 'Blue Bloods'? This resulted in the couple's house being burned down in the final moments of the episode. The network declined to comment on the tweets. Keep reading for a breakdown of Jennifer’s explanation, Jackie’s goodbye, and the latest news on the actress. What happened to Jackie on 'Blue Bloods'? In an interview with Fox News shortly after she was laid off from the show, Jennifer said that what happened to her was “ugliness” and explained why she couldn’t fight CBS’s actions. Those suffering from the illness are unable to consume gluten because it … Fans were relieved to see that Linda, Danny, and their children were safe, and the season ended with them seeking shelter at Danny's father's house. Did she voluntarily leave the show in order to explore other acting gigs, or was she written off against her wishes? Season 8 of Blue Bloods premiered with a doozy of a bombshell: Linda Reagan, wife of Danny Reagan, was dead after a helicopter accident. More about us.