Have any of you become so charmed by a champion, that you hang posters on your walls, play their theme on repeat, and lock them in every game you possibly can? The main reason we continue to release new champs is to add new gameplay for people to engage with. That being said, we think it’s important for all players to get at least one new champion in their role a year, that way they have something new to try and can maybe even add a new champ to their rotation (... or find a new main). Or perhaps a tale told long ago? The post featured a lot of hints that the champion … Dr. Mundo’s update is in full swing right now, as is early work on another unannounced champion update. Each role will receive a new champion, except for the mid lane which will get two new champions. Do you enjoy stringing together abilities, creating stylish new combos? With that goal, we felt it was important to try and release at least six new champions a year—one for each position, with the exception of mid lane, where we’re targeting two. The newly released champion roadmap for League of Legends was published on September 24th. Also, just because we are focusing on new champions doesn’t mean we have forgotten about VGUs. We’re still planning on doing another VGU poll, which will happen next year and be for the following champion update. We aren’t going into any more detail on Mundo’s VGU here, as we'll be releasing a full post next week that’ll cover the super early exploration phase for his gameplay, narrative, and art. Im Jahr 2018 gab es viele Champions, die komplett überarbeitet werden mussten, weshalb wir uns darauf konzentrierten, Champions wie Swain, Irelia und Nunu an die modernen Standards anzupassen. Plus the latest on Mundo’s VGU. Let’s start with a broad overview of where we’re headed, then we'll share a little bit about the next three champions in development and announce our next VGU. Wear light armor, as reports show warbands have been killed with their heavy gear twisted and shattered, littering the ground around them. Read more. As I mentioned in the Season Start Champion video, we’ll be focusing on new champions for the rest of the year. Dive into 2020’s new champions and reworks with Reav3. Another strategy we discussed in our previous Champion Roadmap was our renewed focus on releasing more new champions. For this champion roadmap, Riot revealed that they still had a mid-lane Mage, who is expected to be confirmed as the mysterious character Seraphine, and a new Support champ, to add in 2020. Specifically, we said that our goal was to release six new champions per year: One for each position with the exception of mid lane, where we’d target two (one mage and one melee champ). Where am I? In the meantime, I’ll leave you with his latest concept art. Looking at 2020, we've already met Sett (top), Lillia (jungle), and Yone (mid). 6 new heroes every year. Regardless of your current level of fandom, when Piltover and Zaun’s new rising star finally hits the promenade, she might convert you into an instant mega-fan. Specifically, we said that our goal was to release six new champions per year: One for each position with the exception of mid lane, where we’d target two (one mage and one melee champ). The last thing I remember was purple dust and the sound of someone skittering away. I’m holding two weapons. The empire will pay greatly for the capture and detainment of this runaway criminal. The agreement is for an indefinite period. Suddenly I feel a spiritual tug from the direction of the masked figure—from me? Mid lane is the most popular role in League, and mid lane assassin players are looking for something quite different than mid lane mage players. Riot Games is back with the new champion roadmap, sharing that a new marksman and juggernaut are in development while Senna is preparing for relase and Fiddlesticks and Volibear’s reworks are being finalized.. Senna has already been announced during the 10th-anniversary edition of Riot Pls. In the meantime… See you all on the Rift! We’ll be back at the start of next year to share our plans for 2021. Something I subdued. In the beginning of the year, we said we wanted to bring more champions from League’s lore to Summoner’s Rift. Wie bereits im Champion-Video zum Saisonstart erwähnt, werden wir uns für den Rest des Jahres auf neue Champions konzentrieren. I hope you’re all ready to crowd around her and cheer along! D-did I fall asleep? By Reav3. If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we may be releasing just the champion for you. A dreamy jungler, masked assassin, and thrill-seeking marksman. Another strategy we discussed in our previous Champion Roadmap was our renewed focus on releasing more new champions. Hey all, now that Samira’s made her stylish debut, we wanted to take a minute to talk about some of our upcoming plans for new champions and VGUs. With that, I hope you’re all as excited as I am for some of the up and coming champions. We want to keep Mundo a very simple champion. We recently did this with Yone, as we brought him out of the pages of Yasuo’s story and into battle alongside (and against) him during the Spirit Blossom event. One last thing before we go. Since so many people enjoy mages and assassins, we’re aiming to release a champion for both audiences every year. A couple of months earlier, in the previous roadmap Riot Games, announced that they are planning on releasing six champions per year. I don’t know about all of you, but I have become a fan of so many champions over the years. This is because Riot noticed that the mid lane is the most famous role in League of Legends. So far in 2020, we’ve released… The MoU outlines that CHAMP will be the preferred partner in the roll-out and testing of any new technologies and innovation created in the roadmap … We’ll dive much deeper into our progress on Mundo in his next /dev blog, which you can expect sometime next year. Plus, who’s up next for a VGU? Is that masked figure in the distance... me? Marksman Samira is set to drop soon, meaning Seraphine would fill LoL's bot lane position for 2020. The latest Champion Roadmap by Riot Games revealed that six new champions would arrive at the Summoner’s Rift on a yearly basis. The fugitive is EXTREMELY dangerous, so approach with caution. We really want Mundo to embody a kind of “dark comical” theme that we feel would be very unique to League’s roster of champions. 4.8m members in the leagueoflegends community. 4.8m members in the leagueoflegends community. For many players, new champions are like mini-expansions packs for League, and we always see huge playrates on new champions when they’re first released. Tune in next time to hear about a sensational mage and an ultra-heavy tank support, which will round out our goal for releasing one new champ per role each year. Even if you don’t pick them up yourself, seeing new champs in your games adds more to learn and master. Be very quiet, though, she can be quite shy, and if we startle her she may prance into action, darting off as our vision starts to get blurry… and… hazy. ... that way they have something new to try and can maybe even add a new champ to their rotation (... or find a new main).