Let's dive in to 30 examples of slang words from the 1920s to today. Slang words are an essential part of conversing in English. Search cool and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. Slang Words; Submit a Word; Category: Slang Words. Este hotel es bacán/bacano. Be careful with this one, though. Beat – To have a full face of makeup. Fam – A group of friends who feels more like family. It also meaning mind your own business. Examples of Outdated Slang. High-key – Straight up truth. And you know these slang words are legit because when I read them to my three teenagers to make sure I was using them correctly, they said, and I quote, “Big yikes, mom! Most Common Teenage Slang Words [Updated for 2020] ... Slang used for showing extremely good, cool and amazing thing. For example: Cat's pajamas: This term was commonly used by flappers in the 1920s to mean that something was exciting, new, or excellent. Bacán/Bacano. Tea or T. Tea is also used as a gen z slang that means gossip, and “spilling the tea” is the act of gossiping. In Colombia in particular, it may sometimes appear as bacano. (This hotel is cool.) Some slang words that were once popular are no longer used. Go Off. Share Tweet. American slang is full of eccentric sayings and colloquialisms, which are useful in a wide variety of casual situations. 35. Shook – Confused or in utter disbelief. 34. A shortened version of the word Bourgeoisie. Teen slang used on social media for gossiping. All Free. cool - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more. 33. Cool synonyms. 39. Millennial Slang. 38. Trying to appear to be from a higher class or having a fancy lifestyle. Hangxiety. Ghost – When you completely disappear after hanging out and showing interest. July 8, 2019 July 8, 2019 Coolest Words Leave a comment. Sips Tea. Bougie. Though it doesn't make much sense, it does use vivid imagery. 37. November 28, 2019 November 28, 2019 Coolest Words Leave a comment. In Chile, Colombia, Peru and Cuba, bacán is used to describe something as cool. Dank – Really cool. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned English speaker, you’ll want to brush up on your command of American slang words! The 30 Coolest Words That Mean “Cool” in Spanish Slang 1. 36. Top cool synonyms (related to slang) are top-notch, gone and boss.