Fender Play instructor Scott Goldbaum breaks it down to a campfire version to give you a three-chord (D, G, C) rhythm progression. I’ve added a column for strumming difficulty, ★ for an easy strumming pattern, ★★ medium, and ★★★ hard (intricate and fast) strumming pattern. Here are some easy guitar songs you could play anytime: These include terms, how to read chords, how to read tablature, stuff like that. Learn how to play "Pumped Up Kicks" here. They broke into mainstream American pop culture with "7 Years," their 2015 hit that topped charts arond the world and earned three Grammy Award nominations (Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance). The country-tinged ballad talks about his desire to just shut the world out and throw on some Pretenders records for a moment of introspection. The track's haunting vibe and lyrics talking about the inevitability of death gave it an eerie feel, and despite that, Rolling Stone named it Song of the Year when it was released. You need to focus on basics if you’re a beginner. 27 on the UK Singles Chart. My mission is to help you on your musical journey through lessons and guides. With only one chord progression to master, you can make it through this Grammy-winning track. The Smithereens had a hit on their hands with "Blood & Roses," the first single off debut album Especially For You. 1 on the R&B charts for six weeks. Willie Dixon originally wrote the blues classic "I Can't Quit You Baby," and it was first recorded by Chicago artist Otis Rush in 1956. If you are a beginner guitar player or you just need some inspiration for easy guitar songs you’ve come to the right place. Or, even better, pick a few songs that share similar chords so you can learn different chord patterns and easy songs, and add chords slowly while still being able to play your favorite songs! Originally recorded by The Kinks and written by lead singer Ray Davies, it was released in the UK in June 1970. 5. Bluesman Mississippi John Hurt's version of this classic gave blues and rock fans a lesson in songwriting and how to milk classic countrified chords. Blank Space / Style (Taylor Swift) Mashup. Get your kids excited about playing the guitar by introducing them to this tutorial. Check out our list of 40 of our easiest tracks to learn in Fender Play. It takes only four chords (D, C, E and G) to get through "Low," the 1993 hit from rockers Cracker. Pick an easy acoustic guitar song you like, learn the chords, and then work on the strumming. It will benefit your playing. In this tutorial, you'll through its three basic chords (G, C and D). The beautiful ditty brings old school sounds to a new school audience, and it's easy to play while practicing 8th note strumming and switching between A minor, C, D minor and G/B. This lesson from instructor Scott Goldbaum gives it a folky spin, unlocking the Sunny Side Up single with alternate and syncopated strumming. Required fields are marked *. Oh, and have fun! While the song did not reach higher than No. So to start with I’d just play the song intro strumming … In fact, she was Fender's first female signature artists, coming out with a namesake Stratocaster in the early 1990s. So pick up your acoustic or electric guitar and take a shot at one of these 40 simple songs that any beginner can master with the help of Fender Play. Learn how to play "I Fought the Law" here, Learn how to play "He Didn't Have to Be" here, Learn how to play "Honky Tonk Women" here, Learn how to play "I Can't Quit You Baby" here, Learn how to play "Something to Talk About" here, Learn how to play "Things That I Used to Do" here, Learn how to play "Jambalaya (On the Bayou)" here, Learn how to play "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" here, Learn how to play "Stoplight Kisses" here, Learn how to play "I Shall Not Be Moved" here, Learn how to play "Don't Fear the Reaper" here, Learn how to play "Me and Bobby McGee" here. Learn how to play "He Didn't Have to Be" here. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. The song table stretches over multiple pages. The song was a hit, reaching No. Championing the theme of personal individuality, it was one of a group of songs from the likes of the Beatles, Bob Dylan and others at the time that showed rock could play a role in the social consciousness. Blue Oyster Cult's "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" came out in 1976 and was the band's highest charting single. Its upbeat mood will get any party moving, and you can play it with only four chords (E, A, B7 and E7). All Rights Reserved. Then add a new chord and practice it within the context of 2-chord songs. This song straddles folk, blues, and country and features three basic chords and syncopated rhythms. This metaphorical tune about bullying is featured on ukulele prodigy Grace VanderWaal's debut album Perfectly Imperfect. Printable for your paper songbook, or bring them with you on your iPad, other tablet or smartphone. Like Shake It Off, it’s a feel-good song perfect for keeping you invested in playing. Learn how your comment data is processed. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1967 and is considered the Irish troubadour's signature song. Muddy Waters recorded "Mannish Boy" in 1955, and it reached No. If you want to unlock hundreds more songs and skills, click here to get a free trial of Fender Play. Enjoy! "Chrissie Hynde" was written and released by folk/pop singer-songwriter Butch Walker in 2014 on his seventh album, Afraid of Ghosts. Below are some videos of how professional guitar players, well, play. Pick an easy acoustic guitar song you like, learn the chords, and then work on the strumming. Learn how to play "I Shall Not Be Moved" here. If you want to learn the way of guitar, I don’t recommend starting with songs. What’s more interesting is that he arranges the songs he wants to cover! Some instruments are considered awesome and some are just NOT worth it. Get started playing guitar with these 40 easy songs, great for beginners! Work on your reggae rhythm skills with Black Uhuru's "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner." Now there are a couple of ways you can play this song. "Me and Bobby McGee" is a song written by Kris Kristofferson and originally released in 1969 by Roger Miller. Many different kinds of strumming rhythms work on “Jambalaya,” from a simple down strum to a calypso strum, swinging rhythm or straight down-up strumming. I’ve put together a list of 30 easy guitar songs that are great to strum along with and a lot of fun to play. On the acoustic guitar, it's a good entry into pop rhythm guitar playing and chord movement. Either way, you’d learn this stuff along the way. It's a fine example of pop guitar work, with one easy chord progression using downstrums on open chords. From Jimmy Eat World to the great Buddy Guy, you can pick up these songs in a snap. Add in some strumming to fill it out. Fender Play instructor Barrett Wilson takes you through this classic that has five chords (E minor, G, C, D and A minor).