She never changed it because her father implored her not to, as the name was very important to him. As far as significances go, Addy means “son of Adam” in Hebrew, but that’s certainly one significance that doesn’t mean all too much anymore, especially since in old English, it means “ardent”. If you go with Emme, then you might have a little leader on your hands, with a bold attitude and a desire to change the world. The 6 Craziest Things Moms Have Caught Their Toddlers Doing, Loving The Name Emma, Will Make People Love These 25 Baby Names, 5 Tips For Throwing A Socially-Distant 'Sip And See' Party, Nicki Minaj Says She Drank For The First Time On Thanksgiving Since Giving Birth. But picking a name that is this popular is a tough choice for many expectant parents no matter how much they love it. Serving up the hottest food trends and the inside scoop on restaurants worldwide. Sometimes family members will call her Emby or Emby Pooh, but we've heard no derogatory nicknames.”. If you really want to break it down, then Lena is derived from the name Elena or Helena. That doesn't last long. In a couple of years, it might not be so one-of-a-kind but as this name stands, there aren’t too many Embrees running around in the world. If you like the name but still want something less popular, then you can consider Jemma, which is in the 548th spot. “This is my name and I absolutely love it!! You can be sure that your little Emmalyne will be your bestest best friend when she grows up. It is also the #1 most popular baby name right now, but it’s not just this year. If you’re still worried about too many people thinking that you named your little one after the character in Frozen, then you can actually view the association as a good thing, like this user did: “I have Loved the name Elsa since I was a little girl. As far as name popularity goes, Emmy is the most popular name spelling, sitting at #455. It’s a way to share moments. It’s a name that has been rising on the charts for a couple of years now and there is a good chance that it will start declining soon as a result. Hi, I'm Emma. But don’t worry, she won’t just be limited to the business sector. Whether Everleigh or Everly, it’s one of those names that can easily go well with nearly any middle name. The only place to satisfy all of your guilty pleasures. All dreams of course, but those with the name Emerson are said to have a high desire to obtain power and wealth. For its part, Anna has actually been steadily dropping in popularity for a couple of years now. Find nearby Mosques (Masjids), Islamic Centers, Muslim Owned Businesses and Organizations all over the world on the map. In fact, it’s currently more popular among girls than boys! You can make it: Emma-Lee, Emma-Leigh, Emma-Rose, etc. Up until very recently, Evie was just a nickname for another name like Evelyn, but an increasing number of parents are now attributing this adorable name as a name of its own. It can be a good compromise when one partner is head over heels in love with the name and the other finds it too common. Little girls with the name Maya are said to be very driven. Changing just one letter can make a world of a difference. Girls with the name Mia are said to be very restless and adventurous. This next name is actually quite ambiguous as it can swing for either a boy or a girl. A long time ago, it used to be a shorter version of the name Maria but is now a name of its own. Then Emmalyne is to the rescue! My name is pronounced Lay-na, but people always say Lee-na or Leh-na.”. Or, what I love, is to name all your children with two middle names! While Emma is #1, Emelia is #498. As they can be highly creative and outgoing, for them the key is to pursue what they are most passionate about, especially if this involves performing in front of an audience. Going even further down the popularity chart, Emmi is at #2,500, with a 1,200 drop since last year. If you go with this name, it’s true that many people might mistakenly write it with an A on forms, but that’s nothing to be concerned about if you love the name. Zabi or Dhabi is an Arabic name for boys and girls that means gazelle, antelope. She really wants to keep secrets but it's just SO HARD! They are deeply intuitive and are the kinds of people that know exactly where they are headed and how they will get there. Although they do buy a house there, she ultimately decides to stay after Brennan and Booth leave the team. Rather than blindly following someone else’s initiative, they’re more likely to be the ones spearheading the plans. The name Embree is currently 4,521st on the baby name popularity scale. The other spelling, Amber, has been popular for decades but Ember is now outweighing it in popularity. 08-24-2020, 09:07 AM . And people say I'M creepy! Both are very pretty though and there are plenty of other combination with or without a dash. It means “powerful” and “complete” – pretty suiting for the character from Frozen! Word/name: Ancient Germanic, Ancient Scandinavian, Old Norse, Italian, and Modern Scandinavian For this reason we would advise you consult a local Imam for verification before deciding to keep a name for your baby. Ella actually means “beautiful fairy”, which makes this name that much more special and magical. Out of all the names on this list, Ella is unfortunately one of the closest in popularity to Emma. In Arabic, it means “night”, while in German and in French, it means “lilac”, which is a light purple color. Whenever someone asks my name and I tell them, they always say "That's a pretty name!" A blooming flower, a bright and shining colour, lofty. Emma has achieved a full score in all daily tests, except the ave.2, she has got a 265 out of 300. We have the famous Helena of Troy, but most recently, Lena has become a name of its own, separate from it’s longer two forms. But spellings don't always follow the rules. sorry i dont think there is one for emma. I hope it remains uncommon and special. When you read the name Lila, do you read it as “Lee-la” or “LIE-la”? Forget about Frozen’s Elsa for a moment and truly consider this beautiful name. Up to you to decide, but this name is very pretty either way! One such name is Ember. It’s true that name meanings don’t always mean anything, just like horoscopes, but it’s still fun to dream and wonder what our little ones might be like! Nobody has messed up her name or called her something else. Then Emelia is worth considering. Reply Quote. That could still be too popular for many parents, but take note that its popularity is currently waning and it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if it drops even more in the upcoming years. Hah. In "The Life in the Light" it was revealed that her actual name, as displayed on her passport, is Pooky (or Pookie) Noodlin. They can follow rules like anyone else, but they prefer to set their own traditions. It’s currently #6,519, down by 1,931 points since last year! This name became popular first in England and Austria in the 11th century. Although it’s a popular name, there are many that actually don’t believe it should be a name at all because it means “mine” in Italian. Emmie is #583 and Emme is #1,017. According to some sources, those with the name Addy are highly introspective and are usually introverts. In the US though, it has ever so slightly been rising in popularity over the last couple of decades and currently holds the 308th spot. It’s very close to Emma, but is much farther on the popularity list. Note: Please note that SearchTruth.com cannot guarantee the accuracy of the meanings of names listed on this site. We've never really met another Ember, though we've heard of others. Simply the World’s Most Interesting Travel Site. The pages showed how Isabella named her Emma, saying how she thinks the name "Emma" is cute, likable, cool, and simple. Take note though that Emmalyn is the most popular out of all the variations down as it has been rising in popularity and now sits at #432. And while they can be, they are also said to be deeply reflective, versatile and eager to explore any new opportunity. Those with the name Kara are said to either be extremely lucky in the wealth department or completely unlucky. Girls with the name Aimee are said be bold and independent. I just love her name and we get a lot of compliments on it. The name Cara has been popularized recently because of model and actress Cara Delavigne. Another bonus with Emelia is that Emma can still be used as a nickname. Another major reason to choose this name? But not to worry, Evies are said to be very reliable and responsible. Sadly, many moms are striking the Emma off their list of potential baby names because it's just so overused. Just four letters long, Emma is a baby name that is on every expectant mom’s mind and with good reason – it is both elegant beautiful! It’s currently sitting in the 11th spot, but if you love Emma, it’s still a name worth considering. Little Emmys on the other hand play more of a peacemaker role. Love Emma? Jannie and Emma pretend play with their kitchen restaurant cooking toys for kids. It was #2,949 in 2009, only to then drop to #3,708 in 2010, go up to #2,811 in 2011 and then drop back to #3,708 in 2015. Emma is an artist. Add your new mosques and places to the IslamicFinder. According to the narrator: According to the narrator: Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition , seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her. Gemma is currently #233 on the popularity scale. Bryce & Kayla Harper Have Welcomed Their Second Child: A Girl! Bonus 15 names: Emanda, Becca, Elle, Lily, Zoe, Isla, Nina, Eliza, Julia, Elmslie, Abby, Cora, Hannah, Leona and Ellie. If you desperately want to stick with the name Emma but just can’t get past the fact that it’s in the #1 popularity spot, then consider attaching another name to it. Pronounced either ay-MEE or ay-May, the baby name Aimee surged in popularity in the 1960s, then dropped significantly, only to experience a slight revival in 2009. Website for moms seeking advice, community, and entertainment. This is my coffee. Hate how popular the name Emma is? As of 2019, twelve Nobel Prize laureates have been Muslims, more than half in the 21st century.Seven of the twelve laureates have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, while three have been for the sciences.The recipient of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics, Abdus Salam, was a member of the Ahmadiyya community of Pakistan. Or "that's beautiful." She starts kindergarten in September so I'm hoping people continue to get her name right. Most would probably be quick to associate it with a little boy’s name first, but more and more it’s a name that is being given to little girls. In the last decade, Addy’s popularity as a baby name has been all over the place. Can’t let go of the name Emma? If you’re still not convinced, then you might like Emmelyn even more. Rather, it’s a playful mix of the two and makes for a very unique name. It started being used as a name of its own in the 1960’s and has experienced a very roller-coaster kind of trend in terms of popularity. Zaaki is an Arabic name for boys that means one who increases in growth and goodness, virtuous, blessed. Like most names on this list, Elsa used to be part of a longer name, Elizabeth, but has now been adapted into being a name of its own. You can expect your little one to have a huge thirst for exploring the world, striving for experiences, rather than material wealth. So if you are absolutely head over heels in love with the name Emma, then keep reading for 25 other baby names that might just suit your little one better. What is Emma’s last name or does anyone know what state or city she resides in? Latch, door lock, Name of some people for instance, of ibn-Mihsin, a memeber of the exedition of Abu Musa. If you would rather stray away from any possible associations to her, then there is also the option of changing the C for a K and making the name Kara instead, which is equally as pretty. You can trust them to keep any secret, but better yet, they are said to be highly imaginative and spiritually aware. The feminine name Emma is derived from the German word “ermen,” which means Whole or Universal. It is super popular one year, only to dramatically fall down the charts the next year. Emma is the 86 th most popular name of all time.In 2018 Emma was the 1 st most popular name.As a last name Emma was the 22,592 nd most popular name in 2010.; How many people with the first name Emma have been born in the United States? Both names are also polar opposites in terms of numerology. It’s a way to connect. One Tessa had this to say about her name: “I love the fact that my name is uncommon. An increasing number of parents have been ditching the traditional Amy baby name in favor of its alternative spelling Aimee. Jannie makes some pretend food for Emma, but Jannie needs help. For anyone absolutely in love with Emma but reluctant to pick it because it’s the most popular name right now, then Gemma can certainly be a great alternative. And I have to say MEE-a is the right way to pronounce it. Mister Obvious Forum Administrator . In commenting on the name, one mama shared: “Mia is simply cute. Sadly, many moms are striking the Emma off their list of potential baby names. In fact, one user had this to say about the name Ember: “Our 16 year old daughter's name is Ember Colleen. As far as name meanings go, Gemmas are said to prefer freedom over responsibility. You could perhaps slap on a “é“ to make it more unique : Aimée. Looking for a name that starts with E but would rather stay away from Emma? Read the story. How Popular is the name Emma? Zabir. A name that means “clear” and “bright”, Clara is a wonderful baby name to pick instead of Emma. If you love the “y” at the end, then keep in mind that its popularity has been dropping. Rest assured that its popularity has been dropping since, especially if you’re not looking for a not so popular baby name. Caras on the other hand are said to be very bold, highly communicative and aren’t afraid to take risks. You can also choose to either pronounce it with a short e (i.e. Once they set a goal for themselves, there is absolutely nothing (or anyone) that can get in their way. Although they can get bored easily, girls with the name Anna are some of the most fun to be around as they’re highly creative and outgoing. For some people (aka me), it’s more than a drink. She can't go anywhere without drawing, painting, or photographing all the beautiful things she sees. In Hollywood, there are two major Lenas that are worth nothing. Little girls with the name Lila are also said to be deeply intuitive, wise and very people-oriented. If you love the name Emma, then pick a name for which Emma can be used as a nickname. You can be sure that they will make the right decision for them and they will be free of worry or uncertainty about it. For a middle name, I suggest something light and airy, like Grace. In fact, Aimee is considered to be the French way of spelling Amy. Guaranter, Rich, healthy, leader, ruler,The leader. Alia is currently 391st on the most popular list. ill do that now and edit this answer. It goes from booming in popularity one year to dropping the next, but you will be happy to hear that it’s currently losing popularity once again. The Claras of the world are said to be able to expand in any direction and accomplish any dream that they set their mind to. For Everleigh, I'd do Autumn Reign or Harper Rose. If you name your little girl Clara, there is a good chance that she will be a savvy businesswoman who will achieve great material wealth. Zaaef is an Arabic name for boys that means hospitable, one who accepts guests and servers them well.. Abstinent, Ascetic, one who has no mundane ambitions. In recent years, names like these have become more gender neutral and Esmé is now also perfectly acceptable for a girl. Love the names Emma and Evelyn, but want something a little less popular? It’s the kind of name that can be appropriated into pretty much any language or culture. Today, it is among the top names given to baby girls in countries like the United States, Canada, Russia, Australia, France, Germany, and many more countries. Add Your Name For Review, We will verify first. They both take turns teaching and becoming a teacher. Just like Cinderella herself, girls with the name Ella are said to enjoy having the spotlight on them and tend to particularly thrive in careers where they can express themselves creatively. Although many Twilight fans might be quick to remember this name from the popular vampire novels, Esmé is also a character in “For Esmé – with Love & Squalor”, a short story from “Nine Stories” by J.D. No need to worry about nicknames either as there are plenty of ways to shorten Evie even more: Eve, Eva or V all make for awesome nicknames. Sources: Sources: BabyCenter.com, SheKnows.com, BehindTheName.com, BabyNameWizard.com and SevenReflections.com. Coffee. A distinctively feminine name, Gemma comes to us from medieval Italy, where it was a nickname for a “gem” or “precious stone”. The name of the city and state of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates comes from this word. After spending decades being a nickname for “Mildred”, “Camilia” or “Amelia”, Millie is now a name of its own. Even to this day, an estimated 7 million Maya people are still living in the Yucatan Peninsula! Another amazing aspect of any little girl named Clara is that they’re great decision-makers. As far as popularity goes, both Emma and Anna are pretty popular, but if you go with the latter, then there is still a much better chance of your little girl being the only one with this name in her class. Little girls with the name Hallie can appear shy but will burst with personality as soon as you befriend them. As this user noted: “Everleigh is a beautiful name, and it is my favorite name EVER! Its popularity has been on the rise in the past couple of years and that’s likely linked to Emma’s immense popularity as well. It’s now in the 646th and we wouldn’t be surprised if it falls even more next year. With this being said, it’s currently been falling in popularity and there is no telling when it might go back up. It’s a 1,584-point increase from last year, so anything can still happen next year, especially since after a couple of huge increases, names tend to drop dramatically in popularity. With that being said, it’s now in the 919th spot but it’s on the decline once again. Although it’s just four letters, this short name also has a number of significances depending on the culture. Although Embrees tend to get bored somewhat easily, they are very adept at making friends and have no problems making big life decisions for themselves. This name also symbolizes strengths and determination. Girls with the name Tessa are the ultimate best friends. So, My 3rd born daughters name is Elsa. Arabic for rich, whether in wealth or in knowledge and wisdom. Zabi or Dhabi is an Arabic name for boys and girls that means gazelle, antelope. So here's some inspiration from the name. Keira is also worth considering but it is #254th on the popularity list. Embree isn’t quite Ember and isn’t quite Aubrey. Many names are criticized for being too weirdly spelled, but this one is actually pretty cool and a great alternative if you love the name Emma. I haven't ran across too many younger people with my name... they all tend to be 50+, but I don't mind. They have big ambitions and love to do their own thing. If you like Emerson but aren’t quite sold on it, then you might also want to consider: Addison, Harper, Avery, Finley, Kinsley, Madison, Quinn or Kennedy. Kara is in the #407th spot with a slight rise since last year. Names are so fickle that even if you decide to stick with the dash, your child might decide that they prefer the second part of their name more! Salinger. Ava and Eva are great alternatives as well, but Ava is the third most popular name right now and Eva is 55th on the list. The story itself is fascinating, no less so for still being timely in its themes: the quest for enlightenment vs. the backlash of fanaticism and ignorance. I love the name Everleigh!”, “Our 4 1/2 month old daughter is Everleigh Skye. Esp. Personally, I like to pronounce it MEE-a in some names, and MY-a in others.”. 0 0. Then scale two of the letters back by one from the alphabet and go with Ella instead! It can still happen with the name Emma, but there is still something to be said about how it’s in the #1 spot right now and likely will continue to be a top name in 2018. 8 Tips To Know You're Buying Safe Toys For Your Toddler This Christmas, ‘Bachelor' Alum Krystal Nielson Reveals Sex Of Her First Child, Scheana Shay Reveals How Much Weight She’s Gained During Pregnancy, 18 Hilarious Photos Of Babies & Toddlers Meeting Santa Claus For The First Time, 10 Ideas for Non-Christmas Themed Winter Family Photos, 7 Boy Names Inspired By Christmas: Christian, Gabriel, Eldan & Others, Fun Games To Get Your Fussy Toddler Excited About Brushing Their Teeth, This Fertility Treatment Is Boosting Live Births After Breast Cancer, Pre-Workout Stretches To Try During The Postpartum Period To Get Toned, Charlotte Dawson's Battle With Gestational Diabetes In Third Trimester Is Overtaking Her, Awaken Christmas: The Best Holiday Family Pajama Sets Of 2020, Mandy Moore On Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm 'Sick All Day', Pregnancy Can Reduce A Mom's Risk Of Developing Cancer: Here's How. She likes the name a lot. Hallie is another baby name that has been all over the place in terms of popularity. Hoot hoot we have an international store. And, ok, sometimes it’s just a way to wake up and get shit done. It’s an impressive feat, but one that is understandable when you consider that it means “whole” or “universal” and that there have been countless celebrities and famous characters in books by this name. elephant) or a long e (i.e. I have heard this name spoken only a few times. eagle). Emersons are quick learners that do their best in an authoritative position – think CEO of a major company or leading a research team to cure cancer! Zaatar is an Arabic name for boys that refers to a type of herb used in Middle Eastern cuisine. well i found out emma means strong and an arabic name that means strong is Abir which can be a girls and a boys name (: sorry. Some might argue that “Esmée” would be the accurate feminine form for this name, while “Esmé” is the masculine form, just like René is the masculine form of the name and Renée is the feminine, but it doesn’t have to be. EDIT. For its part, Emmarose has dropped in popularity by a whopping 1,931 spots and is now at #6,519. She trusts the best in everyone, even if they don't always deserve it. To get back to Emmalyne though, little girls with the name Emmalyne are said to be very inquisitive, wise and love to be with people. Aside for being a great name for anyone who loves Emma, Hallie is also a good alternative to the very popular Hailey (currently #63).