Wenn du macOS Mojave oder älter verwendest, klicke auf "iCloud". Many people would like that feature as it would allow for local disk storage saving, but it simply isn’t offered through iCloud Drive (currently anyway). It’s also included in a standalone service called iTunes Match. Users began reporting problems when an Apple Music library sync was attempted on macOS or in iTunes on Windows. These Quick Fixes Usually Work, YouTube Launches 15-Second Audio-Only Ads to Rival Spotify. Enter your Apple ID. Over the last 72 hours, many Apple Music users have experienced issues with the service. Apple hat Probleme rund um iCloud und die Musikbibliothek behoben. Many of the apps that relied on Facebook’s login services reported problems. To start syncing your Mac's Desktop and Documents folders with iCloud, you need to enable the option under iCloud Drive in your System Preferences. Reauthorizing the machine with Apple Music did nothing to fix the issue – it was a server-side problem. Ashley relocated to the Oregon Coast to pursue a career in technology. I spent two months working with four Senior Apple Advisors and each one had a different model and potential solution. The network connection was lost.” The message appeared despite no network connection issues, many users report. You can also right click on the file list headers and choose to toggle “iCloud Status” from there, which is quicker than going to View Options preference panel. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. display: none !important; Why does iCloud not offer this ability for Mac users? I use an MacBook Pro to delete 80% of the original image folder and then take it over to the iMac for further reduction and final editing. The iCloud Music Library allows Apple Music users to store their personal library online. Note if you disabled iCloud Desktop and Documents folders on MacOS so that your desktop and documents aren’t uploading into iCloud, then this iCloud status indicator feature won’t be available for those directories, and instead will be limited to iCloud Drive. Falls du die „iCloud für Windows“⁠-App (Version 10 oder neuer) verwendest, kannst du den Download-Status einer Datei oder eines Ordners und den Freigabe-Status einer Datei in der Statusspalte im Datei-Explorer anzeigen. Now I am attempting to solve the issue on my own. Go to Apple ID, then select iCloud from the sidebar. Share them with us in the comments! The Apple Music not syncing issue could be similar – where Apple experienced issues with its iCloud service. Apple’s system status page mentioned no problems with iCloud throughout the last 72 hours. A Disaster.’, Twitter Will Start Verifying Accounts Again – Here’s What We Know, Jennifer Lopez Poses Nude for Latest Album Cover, Spotify Hacked: 300,000 Accounts Compromised With Reused Passwords, Spotify Says Canvas Increases Engagement — Here’s How To Create Spotify Video Loops, Apple Music Keeps Crashing? The iCloud Status indicators in Finder can tell you if a file or folder is only in iCloud, on the local Mac, ineligible for iCloud, waiting to upload, transferring, and more. +  five  =  eleven .hide-if-no-js { If you’re a Mac user who relies on iCloud Drive for data syncing and cloud storage, you might appreciate knowing that you can enable an optional iCloud Status indicator in the Mac Finder. Have any tips or tricks about the iCloud Status indicators in Mac Finder? At times, when I want to quickly shutdown my MBP, I fear whether backup is complete or not. I really like Column View, will it work in Column View? 2  ×   =  6 .hide-if-no-js { Shop on Amazon.com and help support OSXDaily! The iCloud folders on my MacBook Pro are only stored in iCloud, therefore I do not have a working space issue. Fortunately the Mac Finder makes this easy, and you’ll be able to see the status of uploads to iCloud Drive from several locations in the file system. Wähle das Apple-Menü ( ) > "Systemeinstellungen", und klicke auf "Apple-ID". Thanks. The error turned out to be related to a Facebook glitch in its software development kit. You can review our privacy policy for additional information. It created mayhem on both computers. I copied some files to iCloud Drive and the status shows 'Sync pending'. However, people who have reached out to Apple support staff have been told they’re aware of … How can I place them in iCloud but not on my HD? If you frequently put data into iCloud Drive or an iCloud enabled Documents or Desktop folder, you might want to think about adding iCloud Drive to the Mac Dock for quick access. Like other sort columns, you can move it around as desired. Wenn du iCloud für Windows (Version 11.1 oder neuer) verwendest, kannst du auch den Freigabe-Status von … Subscribe to the OSXDaily newsletter to get more of our great Apple tips, tricks, and important news delivered to your inbox! I dove into this myself looking for the same solution, iCloud Drive does not offer it. Once the iCloud Status view option has been enabled, it will be visible as a column in List view. What you request, which is to store files in iCloud but not on the local hard drive, is unfortunately not the way iCloud Drive works. Likewise if there is other activity within the iCloud folders, that will show with the iCloud status indicator as well. If the problem still persists, contact Apple and let them know you’re having a problem that hasn’t been resolved. Note: Not available in El Capitan. The service is included as part of an Apple Music subscription. Force Sync. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "afc92c9c71c5dbc9a09b1d828fd7c295" );document.getElementById("d693393f96").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); About OSXDaily | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap. Have questions about Apple ID? Have the files been copied to iCloud or is it waiting for something? How to Block & Unblock Someone on Instagram, How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on iPhone, How to Access Music Controls in Google Maps on iPhone, How to Hide the Hidden Photos Album on iPhone & iPad, Security Update 2020-006 for MacOS Mojave & High Sierra, New MacOS 11.0.1 Build Available, iOS 14.2.1 Update for iPhone 12 Released with Bug Fixes, Beta 1 of MacOS Big Sur 11.1 Released for Testing, Beta 2 of iOS 14.3 & iPadOS 14.3 Available for Testers, How to Use FaceTime Effects on iPhone & iPad Video Chats, How to Start Mac in Recovery Mode (Intel), How to Copy Ringtone to iPhone from MacOS Big Sur & Catalina with Finder, How to Run Homebrew & x86 Terminal Apps on M1 Macs, Messages Not Working on iPhone? Apple’s system status page mentioned no problems with iCloud throughout the last 72 hours. display: none !important; That is anyones guess. When you sign in, iCloud is turned on automatically. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, click iCloud. If you’re using iCloud for Windows version 11.1 or later, you can also see the sharing status of folders. All trademarks and copyrights on this website are property of their respective owners. Apple’s system status page mentioned no problems with iCloud throughout the last 72 hours. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. The new iCloud Documents & Desktop sync feature in macOS Sierra sounds great. But iCloud Drive syncs data across everything it’s connected to and there is no way to exclude a folder from that syncing to keep it in iCloud Drive and on-demand download it. This is signified by the iCloud Status option being grayed out and unselectable. I do not know how it turned out that way. That includes across Mac, PC, and iOS devices – rendering their local library of music virtually worthless. Here's how: Open the Apple menu and click System Preferences. }, Digital Music News ©2018 All Rights Reserved, This Is the Real Difference Between Rap and Hip Hop, Songtradr Acquires Sync Licensing Company Cuesongs, Music in Advertising: Here’s How Industry Pros Select Songs for Placement, Sync Licensing: It’s Much Bigger Than TV, Film, and Commercials, Artist Image Is Everything — Here’s How to Build Yours on a Budget, “My Whole Source of Income Just Disappeared” — How Two Musicians Are Dealing With Cancelled Concerts, What Does It Take to Succeed In Songwriting?