Dein Magazin, Deine Community. Now, the returned savior must brave life as a struggling musician, whilst simply getting people to "Be nice!" Mir standen kleine Lachtränen in den Augen. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. |   Über Facebook anmelden, "Da kommt Gott tut so, als wärt ihr beschäftigt. Rude, crude, socially unacceptable and fabulous. ), What a wonderful, heart-warming story. But an entertaining and funny read. Denn Gott ist stinksauer. After short deliberation, he decides to use the only cure for the problem. Kaum hat Gott sich im Himmel eine kleine Auszeit gegönnt und seinem Sohn Jesus Christus die Geschäftsführung überlassen, schon herrscht auf Erden das nackte Chaos. Gott kann es gar nicht glauben wie sehr sich die Welt seit seiner Abreise verändert hat. The return of Steven Stelfox is something that has to be anticipated, even if he has only a minor part to play in this book - somehow turning into Simon Cowell in the process. Aber er wurde durchaus schon in anderen Romanen benutzt (z. Jesus is a dope-smoking, hard rocking, not particularly Jesus-y radical dude who sticks it to the man and makes Tyler Durden speeches and does not seem to have much of a plan at all, and then the book ends. He sends Jesus back in. Es war nur eine Woche Urlaub, nur mal ein bisschen beim Angeln ausspannen. I loved the beginning, heaven was great. Daher beschließt er, Jesus erneut auf die Erde zu schicken, um sein eigentlich einziges Gebot zu predigen „SEID LIEB!“ Niven, a journalist who worked in the music industry, is Scottish, and his nationality is very much in evidence here in this anarchic, profane and undoubtedly hugely controversial story of Jesus Christ's return to Earth. BE NICE. John Niven hat die ursprünglichen Werte, die Jesus laut Bibel der Welt vorgelebt hat, herausgearbeitet und hält diese mit reichlich Humor der  Gesllschaft  als Spiegel vor. The novel was published by William Heinemann in 2008 and achieved much acclaim, with Word magazine describing it as "possibly the best British Novel since Trainspotting". He sends Jesus back in. Plus some real poignancy towards the end. Gott kehrt gerade aus seinem wohlverdienten Angelurlaub zurück. Ein herrlich überdrehtes,politisch unkorrektes... Es war nur eine Woche Urlaub, nur mal ein bisschen beim Angeln ausspannen. Rarely nowadays do I finish a book in a day, but this one had me harking back to the days when I would regularly do this. Er muss eine Konferenz einberufen, um das Chaos auf der Erde... INHALT: Bürgerkriege, Umweltsünden, Armut, Hassprediger, tödliche Krankheiten, moralischer Verfall und gnadenloser Kommerz, so weit das Auge reicht. Too bad. There is a scene halfway through this book where JC rips into a cover of Springsteen's 'Born to Run'. Eigentlich ist alles ganz gut gelaufen, die letzten paar Jahre auf der Erde. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Seeing it as a good chance to spread his message, Jesus decides to enter the competition "American Pop Star". God takes a look at the world and decides that yeah, things are looking mighty fine. Nur 1 Gebot? It is a manic delight to read, and I'm sure that John Niven took great pleasure in writing it. So! To see what your friends thought of this book. John Niven arbeitete mehrere Jahre als A&R-Manager einer Plattenfirma, bevor er sich dem Schreiben widmete. Aber der Reihe nach. Als er seinen Sohn zur Rede stellt findet er heraus, dass dieser von alledem selbst kaum etwas mitbekommen hat und sich lieber die Zeit mit anderen Dingen vertrieben hat wie z.B. But in this book even hell is a better place than earth, more entertaining, funnier and more interesting people there. Sie können sich mit Ihrem Benutzernamen oder Ihrer E-Mail-Adresse anmelden. "Where can I buy it?" John Niven spricht Klartext: Brisant, amüsant, kontrovers! A plethora of chaotic twists ensues. You might have heard that this is a book about Jesus coming back in the present day and going on American Idol, and you might have thought “so that’s the first 50 pages, and then the plot builds and develops from there, right?” No: that’s it. she pushed. The novella was optioned for the screen by CC Films with a script has been written by English playwright Jez Butterworth. It has been translated into seven languages and was a bestseller in Britain and Germany. Welcome back. Die Community hat aktuell 22891 Mitglieder, 14 davon sind gerade online. I loved the beginning and enjoyed every site of the part in heaven. Kommentar absenden Antworten abbrechen. God comes back from his fishing holiday to find that since he's been gone (a few days in Heaven but centuries on Earth) things have gone badly. Für das Passwort muss die Groß-/Kleinschreibung beachtet werden. Looking at what he's missed, He particularly doesn't like the 20th century. It will also offend many many people. Jesus als Kiffer und Castingshow-Kandidat? Eine sowohl unterhaltsame als auch inspirierende Lektüre. It meanders to its predictable conclusion with no surprises along the way. He left the music industry to write full time in 2002 and published his debut novella Music from Big Pink in 2005 (Continuum Press). I liked the character of Jesus but every other one (apart maybe stelfox) was a little too much one dimensional and you could see the ending coming miles and miles away.