Sports are a big part of the high school experience for many students. Most Popular Sports in America | 2020 Updates 1. Mario Andretti and Phil Hill are the only Americans to win an F1 championship. Football (American Football) is the most popular sport in United States of America. The greatest tennis players of all time like Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Andy Roddick, and others are the current inspirations for youngsters in America. Liga MX garners about twice the the viewership than either the EPL or NHL - in the USA! You May Like: Top-10 Best NFL Streaming Services. Soccer has more followers than football at all levels. Ok, we get it lots of foreigners watch soccer here in the US. Recently after the introduction of great soccer players like David Beckham and Wayne Rooney, MLS has witnessed a sharp increase in the viewership. Pro-wrestling is the next most popular sport in the USA. My influencers are Missy Franklin, Katie Ledecky, and most important Micheal Phelps. One of the most notable sports in America, Basketball which has been played for than a century has produced some of the most eminent personality in the USA. People who have lived different states and places can see which sport has more love in which states, and compare averages on popularity and love. Golf has been intensely competitive in recent years; as the game’s intensity increases, the attention it has received has skyrocketed. I would have to say, I think this list is pretty solid, If it were catered to vegas, I think MLB would be in a different slot but other than that not bad. Baseball is the 2nd most popular sport in America and the 7th most popular sport in the world. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the net can be a lot more useful than ever before. American football, simply known as football, is the most popular sport in the US in terms of participation in school level. Keep visiting our sports blog! The highest level competitions in the USA … Thanks for your appreciation. Baseball is the 2nd most popular sport in America and the 7th most popular sport in the world. Keep visiting our blog! But just because hockey may be more popular to Jim Rome, Tony Kornheiser and the like does not invalidate the fact that soccer is now more popular in general in the USA. So in conclusion folks, we're never going to see eye to eye on this list or our opinions and I really think it's based on where you're from. Ice Hockey, 4th Most Popular Sports in USA. But while auto racing comes in many forms, stock car racing tops the field in the United States … Now since we had no teams, we really get a view on what sports are popular and which aren't because being in Vegas, its a melting pot of different people from different places that bring their love for their home teams. That is more than any other sports league in the world. The United States remains a country with a remarkable sports heritage, from high school and college sports to the star-studded National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), and Major League Baseball (MLB), etc. In 2019, about 5.33 million viewers watched the NHL Stanley Cup games in the US, the second-highest in the past five years. And, with an estimated 14,000 attendance per match, Basketball is the 3rd most popular sport in the United States. So its inarguable that soccer has surpassed ice hockey at #4. A sport which will definitely be at the top spot in Europe, lands in the fourth spot in America. American Football is the most popular sport in America. The United States has had a glorious record in tennis since they started participating in this sport. I think you are correct, Soccer's popularity is on the rise. Alabama Arkansas Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Iowa Louisiana Michigan Mississippi Montana Nebraska Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania South Carolina Tennessee Utah West Virginia Most of the participants are male. And it doesn't end there. 2. Football. Football is also the 9th Most Popular Sport All Around the World. Its prominence has risen with the arrival of several young stars in the game. To kick off point number two, is personal experience on my end. thx man, THIS IS A DAMN LIE 1. Soccer will never be a truly American sport. Photo: espn.com With the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 among the most prestigious races in the world, auto racing is one of the most popular sports in America. This game is equally popular in men & women. I have been checking out a few of your articles and i can claim pretty clever stuff.