Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! [Chorus: Andrew Taggart & Emily Warren] Tue • Nov 09 • 7:00 PM. Drew did most of the singing and is doing a lot more singing now. They just put me in the booth and were like, “Do whatever you want,” and it turned out how it did. “Paris” is a great example. Out on the terrace Paris always being this romantic idealized place, the song is about escaping your reality, a reality often void of excitement and in your mind being somewhere else with someone else. The Chainsmokers - Paris (VINAI Remix) Lyrics. The lyrics may seem vague at first, but their inspiration comes from a real place. "Paris" was released on January 13, 2017, as the lead single from their debut album, Memories...Do Not Open, through Disruptor Records and Columbia Records. Playlist, Written by: Andrew Taggart, Kristoffer Eriksson, Frederik Haggstam. Author pmalavi [a] 12,566. The Chainsmokers - Paris Lyrics. Let's show them we are better The single became the duo's fourth number one on the Billboard Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart in its issue dated February 25, 2017, and their fifth number one on the magazine's Dance/Electronic Songs chart in its issue dated March 11, 2017.  more », The Chainsmokers are an American electronic DJ and production duo consisting of Alexander "Alex" Pall and Andrew "Drew" Taggart. Login . If we go down then we go down together We were staying in Paris A part of it was written in… on a drunken night at like 4, 5 am in Sweden, after a show that we had and we went to our friend’s studio and […] I remember I was just saying to myself — I went to the bathroom and was just saying to myself “we were staying in Paris to get away from your parents” and I was like “that’s pretty cool!” But it ended up turning into a song, I wrote the rest of the song about a friend of mine who is going through — was going through — a really difficult time with drugs and how every time I would speak to him, I knew what he was going through, but he wouldn’t tell me about it and I kinda wrote it from his perspective of just being like “everyone thinks I’m crazy, but fuck ‘em” he’s always with his girlfriend, too, who’s suffering from the same issue and it was kind of like a mad perspective of like “We’re in this together, we’re not crazy, everyone thinks we’re crazy.” Not many people would have guessed that. It was served to Top 40 radio on January 17, 2017, as the follow-up radio single to "Closer". [Verse 2: Andrew Taggart] If we go down then we go down together [Chorus: Andrew Taggart & Emily Warren] While I'm wasted with someone else?” The second people know what to expect from us we aren’t doing it right. "Paris Lyrics." We might end up making a folk song one day without even realizing it, but long as it feels new to us that’s all that matters. Drew had a friend from the East coast who had been struggling with a drug addiction for the past few years. I think that their reasoning was that they wanted it to be a Chainsmokers thing and not featuring anyone. The duo also performed their song, “Break Up Every Night” on the show. Can you just come sing some background or something?” So I came in and just layered some of Drew’s parts and sang those different parts that you can hear on the song. Standing there with a frown and a cigarette   Let's show them we are . "Paris" is a song by American electronic music duo The Chainsmokers. You look so proud We were staying in Paris (If we go down) Emily Warren and The Chainsmokers have collaborated twice before on “Until You Were Gone” and “Don’t Let Me Down,” both of which Warren co-wrote. We’re finishing this song. Let's show them we are better Let's show them we are better