Now that I’m in Los Angeles, I work with my dear friend and vocal coach to the stars, Peisha McPhee. The stylish cars, the fashion, the suave detectives; my dad and Don Johnson [Sonny Crockett]. Thomas is a vegetarian, nonsmoker and nondrinker. He also ventured into music, with albums like "Living The Book Of My Life," and "Somebody." Entertainment - Actor. Philip Michael Thomas from NBC show "Miami Vice" during NBC 75th Anniversary at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City | Photo: Getty Images. Did you watch a lot of “Miami Vice” growing up?”. Best known as Detective Ricardo Tubbs in "Miami Vice," a 1980 television series, the legendary actor made a name for himself in the entertainment industry, with a career that spanned over four decades. Charities Praise Meghan Markle for Her Courage in Speaking Openly about Her Miscarriage, Denzel Washington Has 4 Beautiful Kids — Look through His Wise & Honest Quotes about Parenthood, Discover New Black Holiday Movies That Are a Must-Watch This Christmas Season, Kelly Clarkson Delight Fans with a Stunning Photo as She Poses in a Black and White Dress, Kate Hudson Delights Fans with Stunning Photo of Herself Posing in a Gorgeous Red Dress, Chris Brown & Ex Ammika Harris Look like an Adorable Family of 3 with Their Son Aeko (Photo), Dwyane Wade's Wife Gabrielle Union Opens up about Their Holiday Traditions. Champion Ken Jennings will be first interim ‘Jeopardy!’ host, Thanksgiving marks last day for Commander’s Palace chef, Disney to lay off 4,000 more employees amid pandemic, Issa Rae urges participation in Small Business Saturday, Bad Bunny caps week of awards and Grammy-noms with new album, Hamilton praised for urging F1 to help improve human rights, Jeezy evolves from ‘Trap or Die’ mantra to empowerment. Daughter Chayenne and son Gabriel (A.K.A. | Photo: Getty Images. Imaj’s latest single, “His Story, Her Story,” is off her upcoming sophomore album “America’s Sweetheart,” out Friday. They have 5 children. In 1998, Thomas and Kassandra divorced. While he was married to Pat Thomas, his first wife the duo had a girl named Sacha, when he moved on to Merri Ross, they both had Khrishna. Philip Michael Thomas attends the Toast To 135 Years Of Thomas' English Muffins at The Muffin House on April 23, 2015 | Photo: Getty Images. Philip Michael Thomas. ‘Man In Black’ is his hallmark song and also a favorite of mine because of the message of change he calls for in society. As far as Philip Michael Thomas’ children, he has six daughters- one step-daughter, and five sons. Two of Phillip Michael Thomas' children, Melody and India Serene, were born to him by former lover and actress Sheila DeWindt. Philip Michael Thomas begann seine Karriere als Bühnenschauspieler und debütierte 1971 in dem mehrfach ausgezeichneten Stück No Place to be Somebody. Gladly, his busy career schedules gave room for the actor to nurture a personal life and family. I trained with hometown legendary singer Betty Wright, who’s like an aunt to me. We shared a set in the Bahamas when I was 5. ", Later on, the icon wrote the musical, "Sacha And The Magic Cookie Maker," a play which has been reproduced eight times, and now goes by the name, "Sacha On Broadway.". When she was twenty-two, the singer was labeled "Country's Next Big Star" by Country Legend, Collin Raye. The 70-year-old is also father to six other children from previous relationships with four different women. I also want them to know that when they do what they love, that love shines out into our world and slowly but surely, shifts our consciousness. In 1986, Thomas married Kassandra Thomas. Thomass first recognized roles were Coonskin in 1975 and Sparkle in 1976. ‘Vice’ is known all over the world and was just amazing. The pair divorced in 1998, after enduring twelve years together. Did you ever visit your father while he was working? When you travel to Miami where do you like to go out? She has made appearances alongside legendary artists like Gretchen Wilson, Collin Raye, Lorrie Morgan, Clay Walker, Neal McCoy, and Kip Moore, while on tours or as an opening act at concerts. Phillip Michael Thomas. Johnny Cash. ", Nearly a decade later, the country singer is famous for hit songs like "Passport" and "Colour Blind." This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. The 70-year-old is also father to six other children from previous relationships with four different women. At five, the music icon featured alongside her father in the movie "River Of Stone" and has since developed interests in other fields like visual art, humanitarian for world peace, writing and music. The Golden Globe winner is a fan of large families, with one of his own, which he chose to keep away from the spotlight through their growing phase. The two share five children, including Imaj, with their oldest being Thomas' first child, Monica. For years, Phillip Michael Thomas won hearts in the movie industry with his extraordinary acting prowess, coupled with being a smooth-talker. The Hollywood legend has been married once, to model, Kassandra Thomas in 1986. What else do you want readers to know about you? That the world truly is a magnificent place where it’s never too late to follow your heart. She also has credits for albums like the 2016 "America's Sweetheart. With a successful career built over the years, the star is notably one of the Richest Floridan country singers, with a net worth between $500,000 - $2 million as of 2019, according to Celebstrendnow.com. I mean, Wow! In this role Thomas performed as an ex-police officer who relocated to Miami trying to find the person who killed his brother, meeting Sonny Crockett, another police officer who was looking for the same person. But I have memories of my dad reading scripts when I was little. It’s always a beautiful thing when your parents not only support but encourage your dreams and encourage you to be all they know you can be. He exchanged vows for a second time and with his … Daughters number three and four came after actress Sheila Dewindt bore Melody and India. Later in the 80s, Philip gained fame by acting in the television series Miami Vice as Detective Ricardo Tubbs. And yes, I’m a millennial, but I do have an appreciation for the ’80s. It’s a phenomenon. Ricardo Tubbs on Miami Vice. Why Famous: Detective Ricardo Tubbs of Miami Vice, television. The two share five children, including Imaj, with their oldest being Thomas' first child, Monica. British actor, singer, and composer, Phillip Michael, has a beautiful daughter who embraced the arts like him and became a notable country singer. Born: 26-May-1949 Birthplace: Columbus, OH. Nationality: United States Executive summary: Det. His success on the 1980s series soon made the actor a household name and landed him other major roles in series including "Extra Large," and "We Are Angels. We and other data collection technologies to provide the best experience for our customers. You may request that your data not be shared with third parties here: ‘Miami Vice’ Philip Michael Thomas’ Daughter Is All Grown up and Is a Gifted Country Singer, Inside Don Johnson's Time on ‘Miami Vice’ and His Thoughts on the Show’s Impact, Don Johnson of 'Miami Vice' Is a Doting Father of Five - Meet His Children, Meet Michael Jordan's Beloved Woman and Three Grown-Up Children, Marlo Thomas' Father Danny Thomas Gave Her Life Lessons Involving Self-Love and Work Ethics, How 55-Year-Old Philip Mckeon's Life Turned around since Leaving the Show 'Alice', Sunrise Coigney Is Mark Ruffalo's Stunning Wife and Mom of His 3 Kids — inside Their Family, Katy Perry Carried Rose Quartz Crystals to Attract the Male — inside Her Spiritual Beliefs. ", Philip Michael Thomas during NBC's 75th anniversary at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City. In addition, the legend goes down in history as the coiner of "EGOT," a term for the four major Hollywood Awards, including Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Awards, none of which he ever won. Father: Louis Diggs Mother: Lulu McMorris Brother: George Girlfriend: Dhaima Matthews (1982-86) Girlfriend: Kassandra Green (1986-98) The "Miami Vice" star is a father to eleven children, including a famous daughter, Imaj Thomas, who became a country singer. The actor played a lead role in the series as a vice cop, "Rico" Tubbs, one of two Metro-Dade Police Department undercover detectives in Miami during its five-year run. He has held roles in television series like "Toma: Pilot," as a guest star, which marked one of his first ventures into the industry. | Photo: Getty Images. I love what he stood for and occasionally do a cover of it in my shows. Although he was popular for his role in "Miami Vice," Philip Michael Thomas went on to become a musical superstar. He once said of his large family, "It's not a matter of hiding them. Thomas also has six other children from previous relationships. She’s an incredible teacher with such a loving spirit. Step-daughter, Monica. The music alone was iconic; Phil Collins, Glenn Frey, ZZ Top, The Pointer Sisters. I’ve been singing forever. More than anything I love to go back to my home away from home: the ocean. Daddy’s always been so supportive. Phillip Michael Thomas dated Kassandra Green for 12 years. Lived with Kassandra Thomas from 1986-1998. The pair divorced in 1998, after enduring twelve years together. Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand. 5/26/1949) Phillip Michael Thomas' Relationships (4) Kassandra Green. The celebrity daughter made her first dive into the arts as an adult with her novel, "Harlow," published in 2011, a year before making her music debut, and releasing her first album, "Imaj. A bank foreclosed on his house in 1998. Born on August 16, 1989, at Miami Beach, Florida, the thirty-year-old is the renowned daughter of "Miami Vice" star, Phillip Thomas, and supermodel, Kassandra Thomas. Sacha, his first born daughter with first wife Pat Thomas. In 1969, the icon landed a role in "Medical Centre," and later went on to star in "Good Times," "Police Woman," "Wonder Woman," "Starsky And Hutch," "Trapper John" and in his 80s hit, "Miami Vice," which paved his way to stardom. Imaj Thomas has a special connection to Miami. The father of eleven definitely kept busy over the years, both on and off the screen, with his family to show for it, and Imaj is proving to be a true legend, just like her gifted father as she continues reaching for the stars. Daughters Melody and India with actress Sheila Dewindt. Her father is ’80s TV icon Philip Michael Thomas, aka Ricardo Tubbs, one half of “Miami Vice.”. Daughter Imaj and sons … The actor welcomed his first son, Gabriel nicknamed Philip Jr. and fifth daughter, Chayenne with Dhiama Matthew. Was awarded an undisclosed amount by an arbitrator for his work in psychic phone commercials, ending an eight-year dispute in which Thomas claimed Traffix, Inc. owed him $12 million. Age: 71 (b. Diane Neal Left 'Law & Order: SVU' in 2012 — What Has She Done after the Show? Also a lot of my fans send me clips from their favorite episodes. I love them tremendously. I can do a cartwheel.’ It was a lot of fun. Her father is ’80s TV icon Philip Michael Thomas, aka Ricardo Tubbs, one half of “Miami Vice.” Imaj, whose mother is model Kassandra Thomas, followed Thomas into showbiz: The Miami Beach native is a country singer who has toured with a variety of artists including LeAnn Rimes. The novelist has a fan-following of eleven thousand on Instagram, with a bio that qualifies her as a singer-songwriter for world peace and daughter of Phillip Michael Thomas (Tubbs, "Miami Vice,"). Other … They have five children together. I did a cameo in a film of his called “River of Stone.” My line was, ‘Hey Mister! Two of Phillip Michael Thomas' children, … Imaj Thomas has a special connection to Miami. Get unlimited digital access at our lowest price of the year. “Vice” ended in 1990, the year I was born, so I missed out on all the fun and pastel colors [laughs]. But people throw stones at those you love, and in protecting those that I love, I stay silent. Daughter Khrishna born to Merria Ross. Sign up for the Afternoon Update and get the day’s biggest stories in your inbox. In Folge hatte er einige kleinere Auftritte in Filmen sowie Gastauftritte in diversen Fernsehproduktionen. ", "Miami Vice" actor, Philip Michael Thomas has eleven children from five women. Contrary to all the pain and suffering that we see in the news and experience in life, I'm just trying to be one of millions of lights shinning to make a change in our society. Gender: Male Race or Ethnicity: Black Sexual orientation: Straight Occupation: Actor. The Hollywood legend has been married once, to model, Kassandra Thomas in 1986. “Philip Jr.”) with Dhaima Matthews. Ludacris' Adorable Daughters Help Give Back to Their Community during Annual Thanksgiving Event, 'Sister, Sister' Star Tia Mowry Puts Her Slim Legs on Display in High Heels & a Purple Jacket. ‘Miami Vice’ also has a huge, loyal fan base that loves to honor its legacy. | Photo: Getty Images. Phillip Michael Thomas is currently available.