Famous French songs about Paris. In the spirit of Paris and the city's hold on our hearts, and in a nod to the city's power to foster love and creativity, here's a roundup of some of the best songs about Paris. By Andrew Unterberger and Lilly Pace At that point I don’t believe I’d ever been to Paris. J Ahrndt/Unsplash. That song was written actually in Chicago of all places, and it was written based on the stories of Eddie. April in Paris; J'aime Paris au Mois de Mai: Charles Aznavour; Le temps des Cerises (JB.Clement, Renard): Yves Montand In 1965, Ketty embarked on the resurrection of her career in France, but was unable to reach her pre-war success. Rina Ketty moved to Paris in the 1930s and made her breakthrough in 1938 with the songs “Sombreros et Mantilles” and “J’attendrai.” Ketty escaped the limelight in 1945 as a result of the war, and eventually moved to Canada in 1954. Paris has always been a source of inspiration for poets and singers and some of the most popular French songs are about Paris. Paris is a place in which we can forget ourselves, reinvent, expunge the dead weight of our past. -Michael Simkins A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life. Songs That Defined the Decade: Jay-Z & Kanye West's 'N---as in Paris' "“I think that that's something that people will always talk about." Months in Paris.