It was raining on Saturday morning. Here are his thoughts as the peloton enjoys the first rest day. Tony Rominger - World Hour Record Holder - Endorses QRS over the MRS and Other Systems: Yes. Tip your hat to Filippo Ganna, the first rider since Tony Rominger at the 1995 Giro to take all three time trials in a grand tour (something the great Miguel Indurain managed in the 1992 Tour as well). Don't Cross Sponsors. Two weeks to the day that he started the Tour de France as a co-favorite, Tony Rominger coasted to the side of the road Saturday, surrendered his rider's number and dropped out of the race. Biography of Tony Rominger (excerpt) Tony Rominger (born 27 March 1961 in Vejle, Denmark) is a Swiss former professional road racing cyclist who won the Vuelta a España in 1992, 1993 and 1994 and the Giro d'Italia in 1995. Seven stage wins for Ineos was the kind of performance you rarely see in the 21st century. We went in. Two hours later we left the hotel for the velodrome. Tony was a bit tense, nervous. At 10, Rominger put in a 40 minute pre-warm-up session on the trainer then a bit of stretching. He was client of Dr Ferrari and Ferrari’s idea was to simulate a 30 minute climb, a steady effort at threshold pace. The QRS is the only device of its kind to use a 15 pin parallel type connector. The first user was Tony Rominger. Giro Rest Day Rant: Nine stages down and twelve more to come and another rest day, but the first week has fed our Covid-19 need for bike racing. Within two months, however, Indurain would be surpassed by his great rival Tony Rominger, who stretched the record to a remarkable 55.291 kilometres in two attempts that Autumn. The Swiss rider won the Vuelta three times, took the Giro once and challenged Miguel Indurain in the Tour de France, one of the best riders in the 1990s. I know what kind of training I have to do." At 11:30 he had a plate of pasta, some apple pie and coffee. Ed Hood has been tied to the TV in ‘Sunny Scotland’ watching the 2020 Italian Grand Tour unfold. No. 19-mar-2013 - Questo Pin è stato scoperto da Lachlan Badenoch. The crowd’s applause encouraged us all. The 15 pin connector carries far more information than the "single pin" 1/4 inch connectors used by all of our competition. Scopri (e salva) i tuoi Pin su Pinterest. He began cycling late, allegedly spurred by competition with his brother.