Share with your friends. All his years of raising hell cost him many a leading Hollywood role and in what proved to be his final movie, Gladiator, he got the part on the promise of him being sober throughout the shoot. Englische Zitate und Sprüche von Oliver Reed: I like to give my inhibitions a bath now and then. I don't like doing most things unless I can do them quite well. I'm not a villain, I've never hurt anyone. The reason being, 'What… I should get up and stop thinking about Oliver Reed's cock. #Pacifist “I don't like doing most things unless I can do them quite well.”-- Oliver Reed . You get so weak from eating pears that you fall down, and then they come and take you away on a stretcher. Ollie Reed doesn't change", "One day I should like to live in Ireland. I wouldn't like to see a chick of mine taking her clothes off and kissing a fellow on screen. I like to give my inhibitions a bath now and then. And my girls must get very hurt when they see me doing it. He was the kindest, the quietest, and gentlest man in the world, and the most polite and well behaved, except when he had a drink.... Utterly professional on set–in the evening a disaster", A warm Social Media Welcome to those who believe in the power of dreams, Click Here To Check Or Change Cookie Settings, 13th February 1938, Wimbledon, London, England, Famous role: Playing Bill Sikes in the 1968 version of Oliver, Inspiration: The actors he most admired were Errol Flynn and Robert Newton, Trivia: The pub in Malta in which he died during a drinking competition was renamed "Ollie's Last Pub" in his memory. They like somebody like Richard Harris or myself, somebody who’s a boozer and gets in fights and is colourful as hell", "Once a pirate, always a pirate. He came to see me and looked terrific. ", "Do what you must, but do it well, above all enjoy yourself", "I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth", "I'm not a villain, I've never hurt anyone. I'm just a tawdry character who explodes now and again.”-- … I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth. Albert R. Broccoli once revealed that Reed would have become Sean Connery's replacement as James Bond if his off screen bad boy reputation had not preceded him. I'm only drinking white wine because I'm on a diet and I don't eat. I liked his spirit - everyone else seemed to fade into insignificance", The actor Russell Crowe was not over enamoured by him: "I never got on with Ollie. I also use women as a sex object; maybe I'm kinky. He was purely a film actor who brought menace to the screen and his animal magnetism soon elevated him to become the top earning British actor of the late 60's and early 70's. Robert Oliver Reed (13 February 1938 – 2 May 1999) was an English actor known for his upper-middle class, macho image and "hellraiser" lifestyle. Oliver Reed "Do what you must, but do it well, above all enjoy yourself" "I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth" I remember him being very moody and glowering. Now I wasn't thinking about it for cock's sake, I was thinking about it for good reason. So I should... but we never had a pleasant conversation", The director Ridley Scott described his vibe: "Oliver was what I'd call a "charming scoundrel." I say I love you and I don't mean it. Life should be lived and that's all there is to it", "I'd like to think I would be brave enough to drink myself into the grave", "I like the effect drink has on me.