To ensure the quality of comments, you need to be connected. Ist es bloss eine Übersetzung des deutschen Sprichwortes, oder gibt es die Redewendung (mit Gold und Silber, nicht mit der Fliege) auch im … ;-). Watching and listening. You can search the forum without needing to register. Thank you for supporting LEO by making a donation. Das habe ich auch gerade gesucht, CM2DD! I think your date might think that's a venereal disease though. durcheinander reden, klug reden, Rede, Redner. C D G Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold, bei deiner Stimme nicht. Talk is silver, silence is golden. You need to be logged in to use the vocabulary trainer. I've often heard and used: silence is golden. Registration and use of the trainer are free of charge. Tracklist Hide Credits. You can complete the translation of Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold given by the German-English Collins dictionary with other dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Langenscheidt, Duden, Wissen, Oxford, Collins dictionaries... German-English dictionary : translate German words into English with online dictionaries. You need to be logged in to start a new thread. Beobachten und Zuhören: Better no party on the eve! Besser also keine Party am Vorabend! ©2020 Reverso-Softissimo. Bitte laden Sie die Seite neu, um sie der neuen Größe anzupassen. I have never heard the entire expression, but apparently is is known: I third that it's just the "silence is golden" part that is common. Wie häufig wird das auf Englisch verwendet? Teile dieser Seite funktionieren nur mit aktiviertem JavaScript. Michael Stein (3) ‎– Reden Ist Silber (Schweigen Ist Gold) Label: EMI ‎– 1C 006-20 1893 7 Format: Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM Country: Germany Released: 1987 Genre: Pop. Comment: Dictionary: reden ist silber Die Übersetzung findet sich ja hier auf Leo. Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold. Und nicht gefunden, weil ich es nur als "Der Kavalier genießt und schweigt" kenne! Speech is silver, but silence is golden. sie lässt nicht mit sich reden she is adamant, (bei eigenen Forderungen auch) she won't take no for an answer Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold (Prov) (speech is silver but) silence is golden (Prov) das ist ja mein Reden (seit 33) inf I've been saying that for (donkey's (Brit) inf) years Registration and participation are free! Type Chinese Pinyin syllables to get a list of corresponding Chinese characters. With Reverso you can find the German translation, definition or synonym for Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold and thousands of other words. A shut mouth catches no flies. Style: Schlager. We put a lot of love and effort into our project. #14 if that's the case, she might as well depart and make space for someone else without a morbid interest in ex-girlfriends, who will be more fun to be with... if nothing else, the conversation must improve... Well, the person in question may not be as linguistically evolved as you, noli, so a complicated, edgy retort may not be helpful, if the two people like each other otherwise. Please note: Contributions to LEO GmbH are not tax deductible. Auch noch nie den "silver"-Teil gehört, aber, OT: Ja, minima, genau DAS Stück hatte ich auch sofort im Ohr ;-). Your contribution supports us in maintaining and developing our services. All rights reserved. Die Fenstergröße wurde verändert. Collaborative Dictionary     German-English, his silence is proof {or} evidence of his feeling of guilt, to say exactly what comes into one's head ; to talk naturally, 'Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold' also found in translations in English-German dictionary, You want to reject this entry: please give us your comments (bad translation/definition, duplicate entries...), that's no way to talk or speak to your mother, to talk or speak to or with sb about sb/sth, let's not talk or speak about it any more, let's drop it, I would like to speak or talk to you, I would like a word with you, in so einem Dorf wird natürlich viel geredet, in a village like that naturally people talk a lot, to speak extempore, to speak without notes, sich ($) etw von der Seele or vom Herzen reden, es kann dir doch nicht egal sein, was über dich geredet wird, it must matter to you what people say about you, damit die Leute wieder was zu reden haben, so that people have something to talk about again, to all speak or talk at once or at the same time, to talk big, to make fine-sounding speeches, Translation German - English Collins Dictionary, Free: Learn English, French and other languages, Reverso Documents: translate your documents online, Learn English watching your favourite videos, All German-English translations from our dictionary. It's all the fault of the French, Valeriana ;-), It's in the link, but I would indeed use "I don't kiss and tell.".