In meiner Schule gab es sogar eine Sarah die den selben Nachnamen hatte wie ich. [19], After being visited by the three men, Abraham and Sarah settled between Kadesh and Shur in the land of the Philistines. While in Mizraim, Sarah's beauty attracts the attention of Pharaoh and Abraham, fearing the Egyptians would kill him if they knew Sarah were married to him, introduces himself as her brother and so, Pharaoh bestows upon Abraham great wealth, in the form of livestock and slaves, including Hagar, so that he may take Sarah as his concubine, to live in his palace with him. Emanuel Feldman. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother...Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise...Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman."[52]. King Abimelech subsequently had her brought to him. [59], There are three stories in Genesis where a patriarch identifies his wife as his sister; scholars debate the relationship among these, with some saying that the account of the encounter of Abraham and Sarah with Pharaoh in Genesis 12-13 is the oldest, while the stories of Abraham and Sarah encounter King Abimelech in Genesis 20, and of Isaac and Rebekah's encounter with a different King Abimelech in Genesis 26, are interpretations of that one, generated to explain it or deal with other matters of concern. In Twelve Extraordinary Women by Pastor John F. MacArthur, her life and story is analyzed along with that of Eve, Rahab, Ruth, Hannah, the Virgin Mary, Anna the Prophetess, the Samaritan woman at the well, Mary of Bethany, Martha, Mary Magdalene, and Lydia of Thyatira. View the profiles of professionals named "Sarah Islam" on LinkedIn. Abraham, however, prayed constantly to God for a child. That would indeed be a wonderful thing! shall I bear a child, seeing I am an old woman, and my husband here is an old man? Sarah hat eine hebräische Herkunft und geht im Alten Testament auf Abrahams Frau Sarai zurück, welche später den Namen Sarah erhielt. When the Egyptians see you, they will say, 'this is his wife.' Later, God came to Abimelech in a dream and declared that taking her would result in death because she was a married woman. She is always cracking jokes and is truly hilarious. [53] She lived with Abraham throughout her life and, although she was barren, God promised her the birth of a prophetic son, Isaac. No details are given as to her life or her religious beliefs before Abraham's return to Ur Kaśdim to thwart Nimrod's efforts to proclaim himself a god. Der weibliche Vorname Sarah bedeutet übersetzt „die Fürstin“, „die Herrin“ und „die Prinzessin“. Pharaoh was so astonished at these blows that he spoke kindly to Sarai, who confessed that she was Abraham's wife. Outspoken Catholic Cardinal Robert Sarah warns of the “dangers of Islam” following French terrorist attacks November 2, 2020 11:30 Gerard Clarke Irish News Image source: Le Monde Islamic Names - Sarah - Pure, Happy, Princess - Find all the Muslims Islamic Names with meanings for Girls [15] For Sarah, the thought of giving birth and nursing a child, at such an old age, also brought her much laughter, as she declared, "God had made me to laugh, [so that] all that hear will laugh with me. It is possible that Sarai acquired her Egyptian handmaid Hagar during this stay. Little changes in the portrayal of Sarah from Judaism to Christianity, though a notable difference is seen in the portrayal of Sarah's relationship with the unnamed pharaoh. This resulted in tension between Sarai and Hagar, and Sarai complained to her husband that the handmaid no longer respected her. Sie zeigt Muslimen den Beginn eines Monats an und außerdem einige wichtige Zeiten. And Allaah knows best. [11], After having lived in Canaan for ten years and still childless, Sarai suggested that Abram have a child with her Egyptian handmaid Hagar, to which he agreed. The most huggable and lovable person you'll ever meet. However, God afflicted Pharaoh's household with great plagues. [43], Legends connect Sarah's death with the attempted sacrifice of Isaac,[44] however, there are two versions of the story. The visitor inquired of Abraham why Sarah laughed at the idea of bearing a child, for her age was as nothing to God. Schreibe jetzt einen Kommentar zum Vornamen Sarah! [40][41] Sarah was sterile; but a miracle was granted to her[42] after her name was changed from "Sarai" to "Sarah". According to Genesis 20:12, in conversation with the Philistine king Abimelech of Gerar, Abraham reveals Sarah to be both his wife and his half-sister, stating that the two share a father but not a mother. Abraham then prayed for Abimelech and his household, since God had stricken the women with infertility because of the taking of Sarah. He answered, 'Peace!' Hagar bore Ismā'īl (Ishmael), who too would become a prophet of God like his father. ... – ein Zeichen für den Islam Ein Symbol für den Islam ist die schmale Sichel des Neumondes. Sarah (Arabic: سَارَة‎ Sāra), the wife of the patriarch and prophet Abraham (Ibrahim) and the mother of the prophet Isaac (Isḥāq), is an honoured woman in Islam. Not long afterwards, Abraham and Sarah were visited by three men. [13], In Genesis 17 when Abram was ninety-nine years old, God declared his new name: "Abraham" – "a father of many nations", and gave him the covenant of circumcision. In the 1994 movie Abraham, Sarah is portrayed by Barbara Hershey. It is not clear which of the stories is actually older, or what the intent of the editors of the Bible may have been. Muslims understand Islam to be the religion of Abraham. It is said that Sarah died at the age of one hundred and twenty seven years, caused in part by the events of the Binding of Isaac. She is really beautiful, even if she may not believe it. He eventually settles in Sodom, over disputes related to the livestock. According to one, Samael came to her and said: "Your old husband seized the boy and sacrificed him. 11 year old Sara is a Muslim from London. [56]:18–19 By the beginning of the 21st century, archaeologists had given up hope of recovering any context that would make the patriarchs and matriarchs credible historical figures. Abraham thereupon invited all the notabilities to a banquet on the day when Isaac was to be weaned. She would ultimately demand that Abraham send Hagar and Ishmael away and so, Abraham banished them and sent them into the desert. Then they will kill me but will let you live. His thesis centered on the lack of compelling evidence that the patriarchs lived in the 2nd millennium BCE, and noted how certain biblical texts reflected first-millennium conditions and concerns. It was during this banquet that Sarah happened upon the then teenaged Ishmael mocking Isaac[17] and was so disturbed that she requested that both he and Hagar be banished. While he was living in Gerar, Abraham again claimed that Sarah was his sister. Abimelech confronted Abraham, angry that his lie had caused him to provoke the wrath of a god, but, also like Pharaoh, he bestows great wealth upon Abraham. Sarah soon became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham, at the very time which had been spoken. Then Abraham defended what he had said as not being a lie at all: "And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. [37] According to one tradition it was when Pharaoh saw these miracles wrought in Sarai's behalf that he gave her his daughter Hagar as slave, saying: "It is better that my daughter should be a slave in the house of such a woman than mistress in another house." [38] In Genesis 17:15, God changes her name to Sarah (princess) ("a woman of high rank") as part of the covenant with El Shaddai after Hagar bears Abram his first born son Ishmael. His son by the slave woman was born in the ordinary way; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise. You'll never forget the time you've spent with her.