Stevenson said he first suspected an affair in 1974, when his wife passed on meeting an up-and-coming rock star who was set to play at his Delaware club. We've received your submission. As noted by The Washington Post, Jill became responsible for the Family Heritage Garden at the residence. I think they really love one another.". Joe laughed off the incident during his speech to the crowd, which included the mayor of Los Angeles and actors, including everyone's favorite Leonardo DiCaprio. Excuse us while we go cry our eyes out. He insists he isn't out for revenge. "And it worked." The relationship shared between Joe and Jill Biden has been in the spotlight during the 2020 campaign, as Jill has been by Joe's side pretty much every step of the way. She went on to explain that she took the decision of marrying Joe and joining his family that much more seriously, in part, because Joe's sons, Hunter and Beau, had already lost their mom and she "couldn't have them lose another mother.". As such, she has since been referred as Dr. Jill Biden, and rightly so. But what is the backstory of Joe and Jill Biden? His first wife and young daughter were killed in a car accident in 1972, as noted by Insider, leaving him with his two sons to raise. The rest is history. Take it from Jill, ladies, and always use the friend line to change your plans. And then she pulls out her papers and she's so diligent and I'm like, 'Look at you! But it did work out, and for good reason. In 2015, Beau Biden died of brain cancer and Olivere later began dating his brother, Hunter, who had been separated from his wife, Kathleen. She sweetened the deal by telling the boys that they could pick the name for their sister, and they went with Ashley. 131,073, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved That same year, tragedy struck when Biden’s first wife, Neilia, and infant daughter were killed in a car crash. Joe and Jill got married at the United Nations chapel in New York City in 1977, and followed the friends and family-only ceremony with a lunch reception. This story has been shared 131,073 times. Hunter Biden has thousands pictures of his niece Natalie Biden, some of them in lewd poses with Hunter and naked as … When Joe Biden's time as vice-president was winding down, a slew of memes displaying his close relationship with Barack Obama flooded the internet — and some were even pointing to the made-up antics that Joe got up to in the White House (think of Joe leaving whoopee cushions all over the place for Donald Trump to find once he assumed office). Sitemap Instead they just transitioned to calling her "Mom" on their own. You have a job! ‘West Wing’ actor Richard Schiff warns of COVID-19 after close call, Lindsay Lohan debuts new jewelry collaboration, DJ Cassidy enlists Sheila E., Chaka Khan for TV special, Interim ‘Jeopardy’ Host Ken Jennings Under Fire for Insensitive Tweets, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, What Joe Biden could do to truly make a difference on homelessness, Let this be a warning to Biden: Iran has been cheating this whole time, Officials say Israel was behind killing of Iranian nuclear scientist: report, North Korea reportedly adopting wait-and-see approach with Biden, Team Trump’s legal arguments veering into paranoid kook-land, Trump campaign vows to appeal Pennsylvania case to Supreme Court, Ex-cyber official gives first interview since Trump fired him, Trump rails against Twitter for trying to 'SILENCE THE TRUTH', Trump says he's heading to Georgia to campaign for GOP senators, Clarks offers extra 50 percent off purchases for Black Friday sale, Nike Black Friday 2020 deals take an extra 20 percent off sale items, Gorjana takes up to $100 off jewelry orders for Black Friday deals, Walmart’s best Black Friday deals to shop now: Nintendo Switch, PS5, and More, 50 best Black Friday 2020 deals you can shop now, Father and son scream amid head-on collision with police, Alexandra Daddario steams up the beach in a bikini more star snaps. We love a first date story, and Joe and Jill Biden's is truly so good. Joe and Jill Biden have been married since 1977. "I did hot dog day at the school, worked at the library and all those sorts of things," she said. Thanks for contacting us. Interestingly, they both claim that their marriage is "no great love story," but have credited their parents with giving them both good examples of what a healthy relationship looks like. A couple months later, Stevenson got all the evidence he needed when he was told that his wife had been in a fender-bender in her car — while Biden was behind the wheel. Stevenson and his then-wife grew close to Biden in 1972 while working on his first campaign to represent Delaware in the US Senate. Even the pets got a shout-out — Joe and Jill's pets, late cat Daisy and German shepherd Champ, were included on a stone in the garden. After all, the idea of a replacement parent sounds pretty jarring. "I'm probably the only candidate running for president whose wife is my Secret Service," Joe said. A few years after Joe and Jill Biden got married, she found out she was pregnant with their daughter — and they found out at the same time Beau and Hunter Biden did, as they were in the car when she drove to the drugstore to buy a pregnancy test. She later informed Joe that she was, in fact, getting ready to go on a date with another guy. Unlike any other second lady, Jill Biden maintained her full time employment as a college professor while her husband served as vice-president with President Barack Obama, and it's a choice that she was quite well known for. Jill shared that after she and Joe saw the film A Man and a Woman and a movie theater in Philadelphia, they "hit it off." Privacy Notice How did they meet, and what was their relationship like before Joe took on the national spotlight as Barack Obama's VP? Bettmann Getty Images. Joe gave his future wife a call, and the first thing she said to him was, "How did you get this number?" What do you think, Dad?'" But that wasn't the case for Joe and Jill Biden. Beau and Hunter walked into my bathroom while I was shaving, and I could tell they had something serious they wanted to talk about ... they were having trouble getting started," Joe recalled in his memoir. But with the encouragement and support of her husband, Jill took on another education pursuit: getting her doctorate — talk about a power couple. "So I had to be 100 percent sure," she said. Before Joe Biden met Jill, his life hadn't been easy. Former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, former second lady Jill Biden, reported earning over $16.5 million in total since leaving the White … In a statement released to the press, noted in The New York Times, the Biden family put it simply: "Beau Biden was, quite simply, the finest man any of us have ever known.". Joe Biden, 77, is known as “Middle Class Joe” by his colleagues and took pride in his humble beginnings while running for office. Happy birthday to President-elect Joe Biden! When she vowed to love him "'til death do us part," she really wasn't kidding. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! And by we, Hunter was referring to the four of them — himself, Beau, Joe, and Jill. The names of the Bidens and their children were carved into the stone surrounding the fountain, as are the names of the former vice presidential families that lived on the grounds. Beau and Hunter even went as far as saying later in their lives, when asked by the press, that they didn't have a stepmom at all, but that they just had a mom. On that January day in 2009, Jill stood by her husband as he became the second most powerful person in the country, and she looked at him in a way that all of us wish for. "Neilia [Joe's first wife] would always be Mommy, but Jill was Mom," he wrote. “I considered Joe a friend. They have been the nation's vice-president and second lady, have campaigned all across the country, and are — as of publication — leading in the presidential polls. Not yet.' How sweet is that! Joe admitted that for him, it was love at first sight.While the Democratic nominee made quite an impression on Jill, too, he wasn't *quite* her usual type. I’m not surprised he fell in love with Jill. While being interviewed by Vogue, Jill spilled about the first date that Joe took her on and the impression she had of him when he came to pick her up. Dr. Jill Biden’s ex-husband Bill Stevenson, 72, told the Daily Mail that the story t… And in line with including Joe's sons in every step of the process, Joe and Jill opted to take the new family of four on a vacation rather than spoil just themselves with a honeymoon, as noted by Vogue. Jill Biden’s ex-husband has accused the potential first lady of having an affair with Joe Biden and says they lied about how they met in the 1970s, according to a bombshell new report. "It's important, and I want people to value teachers and know their contributions, and lift up the profession," Jill said. The damaging Daily Mail report comes just days before Biden is expected to be officially named the Democratic nominee Thursday.